Module "choice" is not readable - check permissions

by James Norwood -
Number of replies: 3

I have been having problems with this module. It nearly prevented me from installing (version 1.5). I had to apply a patch where I had to rename one of the fields in mysql database from "release" to "showresults". This fixed the install problem but on every page I get this error

This isn't preventing me from running the site, but it is creating an annoyance. Any help fixing it would be greatly appreciated.

James

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Norwood

Re: Module "choice" is not readable - check permissions

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi James,

sounds like you've done something weird to your choice module, - you need to change more than just the field name.

Just to confirm - you're running Mysql 5 and Moodle 1.5 right?

If so, try downloading the zip file from this bug:
http://moodle.org/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=5976&pos=7
NOTE: - I Haven't tested this ZIP file... so be careful!

the zip file (apparently) contains all the files required for the choice module to allow it to work with Mysql 5

if you aren't using Mysql 5 or Moodle 1.5 - don't apply this patch.

thanks,

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

by James Norwood -

Hi,

I did download a patch earlier that fixed the installation problem. Is this the same one you are recommending?

In reply to James Norwood

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
unfortunately...or maybe fortunately, I can't read your mind.....so I'm not sure if it's the "same" one you downloaded earlier.......

smile

...anyway - the link I gave you is "supposed" to be a full patch, with all the files. - I suggest you download it and write over your existing files. - the patches provided in the forums are not complete - you need to read through a couple of posts and apply all fixes mentioned in the different posts. - the patch attached to the bug I linked to above is supposed to be more complete.

good luck!

wink

Dan