Long Answer Quiz

Long Answer Quiz

by Sue O. -
Number of replies: 6

I have an instructor who really likes to give weekly quiz questions that require the student to submit a long answer in their own words. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have tried to work with the assignment module with a setting of online text but this doesn't offer a timer and the student can re-edit thier response.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thankx

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue O.

Re: Long Answer Quiz

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you tried the Essay question type in Moodle 1.6?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Julian Ridden -
Tim has a good idea here. I have doen the sme in my college.

Create a timed quiz and use the 'essay' question type. Works like a charm.

JR
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Sue O. -

Hi Tim - I'm going to be upgrading for our spring 2007 semester. Our time frame is such that I will not beable to upgrade any sooner. (Ah I really want to upgrade now) I should have told you my version. mixed

Moodle 1.5.3

Any other thoughts.

Thanks

In reply to Sue O.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Essay Q can be used as a 3rd party plugin in moodle 1.5.x, I think. Not sure where you get it from. Ask google.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Sue O. -

Thanks Quiz Master Tim for your quick responces and your help. I will keep up the search ... or push to upgrae for this next fall semester.

Sue

In reply to Sue O.

by Paul Nijbakker -

Hi Sue,

Not that the Lesson tool already has an essay question in Moodle 1.5.3. and a timer on the lesson is an option too.

Rgrds,
Paul.