Chameleon in Firefox

Chameleon in Firefox

by Simon Bryan -
Number of replies: 6
When I view my site in Firefox anything in the middle column of any page has a box drawn around it with *BLACK* borders, in IE it has a 3D effect, I beleive it is gray background and a *WHITE* border. (eg around a topic in a course page) I have been trying to play with that border, however I cannot identify it in the list of elements.
Anyone know what it is?
Is there a list anywhere that describes the various elements?

At the moment I just flick background colours until I find the element I want when it goes Red!! But can't find these center column ones
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Bryan

Re: Chameleon in Firefox

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Simon,

the Chameleon dialog offers the "property inspector". See the highlighted area in the attached screenshot. When you select the property "border-top-width" or "border-top-color" you see the value in the property list of your selected element and all parent elements. You might easily be able to discover the one with the 1px or black border.

I hope this information helps you
Urs

Attachment moodle_chameleon1.png
In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Simon Bryan -
OK, so I choose border-top-colour, then I get a list of what I assume are the sections that have border-top-colour set? I look for a black one, there is only one but it is not the one I want, in fact when I change it I can't see any changes on the screen.

Specifically I want to change the borders around the topics on a course page that is set to Topic Display. I did find td.content, but strangley this only changes the middle of the top and bottom borders, not the sides or the beginning and end of the top and bottom border.
In reply to Simon Bryan

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Simon, a screen shot with arrows, etc. showing exactly what you get and what you want instead would help us understand things. wink
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Simon Bryan -
Sorry it has takne me a while to work out how to 'upload' a graphic here!!

The following ios from a course page, as you can see I have found how to change the borde r for part of the box, which is red but the rest remains stubbornly black.
(For the stylish out there, I don't actually want red it is just easy to see!!)
pic
In reply to Simon Bryan

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Simon, thanks for your screen shot. The reason for your problem is that you mistakenly thought there was only one "box" (table cell) containing a topic's elements. Actually, there are 3 table cells encompassed by the #course-view .section css style:

#course-view .section .side left
#course-view .section .content
#course-view .section .side right

If you want to change the border for all three of these elements, e.g. to red, you would type the following instruction in one of your CSS files:

#course-view .section .side,
#course-view .section .content {
  border-color:red;
}

In your first post you mentioned a 3D effect. Not sure what you meant, unless you were referring to the (gray) background color of the side table cells (.side .left and .side . right).

See enclosed screen shot. Hope that helps,

Joseph

Attachment image-0000.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Simon Bryan -
Thanks Joseph,
Yes that does help, can now set those the way I want, but is there anywhere there is a reference or list of all these elements?