New Dmitry's version of attendance block (v1.0.8)

New Dmitry's version of attendance block (v1.0.8)

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Number of replies: 21
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
1.0.8 - 13 jul 2006 - Dmitry Pupinin [moodle.org member]
* bug fixed: acronyms and descriptions took from lang rather then course settings
* bug fixed: default acronyms displayed in report and exports
* bug fixed: warning on Admin page (v1.6) in Debug mode
* defaults of variables moved in context help
+ indexes added to database
+ student's view improved
+ user's name and surname in tables now is link to "student view" for instructor. User's picture is link to student details.
+ "version for printing" added to "student view"
+ utf migrating (Works for me. Need testing!)

Compatible with Moodle 1.6.

You always can get latest version of block from:
http://download.moodle.org/download.php/modules/block_attendance.zip
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dmitry Pupinin

Re: New Dmitry's version of attendance block (v1.0.8)

by A. T. Wyatt -
I am contributing some en_us language files!  I hope that they are all correct.

I changed the date format to m/d/y
I re-wrote some of the instructions, particularly on the attforblock.php file

I did not know exactly how to name the folders--en_us, I know.  What is en_us_utf8??  You can change that if you want to use these files.

Thank you for a terrific block!

atw

by Chris Felinski -
Does this attendance block allow for a teacher to submit/export attendance information to a central database?  We are looking to integrate an attendance module for the entire school, but we want to have the attendance administrators look in one place, and not have to look at every class to see who was absent.

by Greg Francom -
Great job on the attendance block.  Sometimes even with online courses you need to have a unified way to keep attendance.  Will the block be compatible with future versions of moodle (1.7, 1.8 etc.)?

by Aidan McCanny -

Hi Dmitry

I have just downloaded the attendance block - seems excellent.  However - there's always a clause - when I try to use the multiple session i get the following error message:

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in d:\users\xxxxxxxxx\public_html\moodle\blocks\attendance\add.php on line 88
 (15 times)

followed by:

Sessions successfully generated

Any thoughts?

Also in the multiple sessions section, if I select a session start date eg 1st Sept 2006 until 31st May 2007 do I have to specify the period and if so can I only do 8 weeks at a time?

Thanks in anticipation

Aidan

by Chad Outten -
Picture of Testers

nice work Dmitry. block works fine using 1.6.1+ im sure ppl are excited by the potential functionality of your 'to do' list:

2. Group mode (separated attendance for each group)
3. Periods and multiply session on the same day
4. Backuping
5. Self taking attendance for students

Cheers, Chad big grin

In reply to Chad Outten

by Alistair McQuade -
Great work Dmitry, I installed with 1.6.1+

Has anyone else noticed that the surname does not appear in the report.php and the updateAttendance.php ?

smile

Al
In reply to Alistair McQuade

by Alistair McQuade -
I installed over the old attendance module and that must have caused the error as when I installed on a fresh moodle, all was fine.

Good work Dmitry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

Al
In reply to Alistair McQuade

by Duncan Edwards -

Can I just copy the folders over the top of the old folders to upgrade?  Do I need to do anything else?

We use this block for our registration everyday so I can't afford for it to go wrong!  It is always backed up but I can't do with the hassle of restoring it if it goes wrong smile

by Murat Kahveci -
Hello Dmitry,

I am trying to integrate your attendace module. But, the link that you provide (http://download.moodle.org/download.php/modules/block_attendance.zip) misses a few important files like mod.html and version.php, totally preventing installations.

Please advise soon. Thanks,

Murat
In reply to Murat Kahveci

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Hi Murat!

Please, read installation instructions in "read me" file!

by Murat Kahveci -
Hello Dmitry,

Thanks so much! It works just NICELY. "Good job!"

Re: New Dmitry's version of attendance block (v1.0.8) (PLEASE IGNORE)

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Has this block been updated for the newest version of Moodle (1.6.3)??  I just upgraded to 1.6.3 and drug the attforblock mod and attendance mod into my new Moodle install but I'm having problems.  My attendance data is still there but all the dates that I had set are not being shown and there are double brackets around everything.  Luckily my attendance data is still there but not being able to see the dates is a problem.  Hopefully there is an easy fix for this???

Jason

P.S. Here is a screen shot

P.P.S. Sorry, I managed to figure this out smile even before the 30 minute editing period on my post was up.  I had forgotten to copy the language files over.  There I go again posting questions before I've explored all the options sad  Sorry.
Attachment attprob.jpg

by John Moon -

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if you can help.

When dumping the attendance results to an excel spreadsheet, the "Student id" column is not what I want to see. In my situation I would like the attendance module to grab the "ID number" from the students personal profile instead.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

I'm a "nuff nuff" when it comes to PHP so I really require a step by step and itemised instructions on what I need to do sad

Thanks in anticipation

JM

by Duta Laura-Elena -

Hello,

I have installed your component and everything works just fine except I am gatting the error A required parameter was missing when i try to access the link Attendances (for Block)

Thanks a lot.

Laura

In reply to Duta Laura-Elena

by Jason Hollowell -

Hello,

I get the same error message but only when I click on the "Attendances (for Block)" link that shows up in the Activities block.  I have no problem with the attendance block if I access it from the attendance block via the "Take Attendance" link or from the top center block where I have placed it in my course.  So for now I'm just working around what seems to be a small bug I guess...

Jason

Grading problem

by Jason Hollowell -

I am using the latest version of the attendance block and couldn't live without it.  Thanks to Dmitry for this work.

I am having a strange issue however, with grading.  When I take attendance the subsequent scores do not get immediately reported to the gradebook.  For example, if I take attendance and then right after taking attendance if I go to my gradebook and look at the scores, the points for attendance show everything up do the day before the one I just took attendance for.  So if I have class on Monday and Thursday and I take attendance on Thursday and then check the gradebook I only see the scores for attendance up to Monday. 

If I wait for a while (not sure how long yet, sorry) the data shows up.  I've checked my time settings and everything there seems to be ok...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jason

(v1.0.8) - A required parameter was missing

by Jason Hollowell -
Hello,

I posted this once before but thought I'd try again. When I click on the "Attendances (for Block)" link that appears in the Activities block I get the "A required parameter was missing" error and then when I click the OK button I get sent to my Moodle front page. I recently had this same error with the Gallery2 integration module (see here) and it was fixed very quickly so I'm wondering if this is a small coding mistake (unfortunately I don't have the knowhow to investigate sad )

Any help will be appreciated.

Jason

P.S. I have v1.0.8 installed
Attachment reqparammis.jpg
In reply to Jason Hollowell

Re: (v1.0.8) - A required parameter was missing

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Sorry for late answer, and thanks for participation!
I fix it in the near future.

by Miroslav Fikar -
Dimitry,
attached is sk_utf8 language file for the module.

Do you know approximately when you will release update of the module for Moodle 1.7? The actual version under 1.7 shows teachers among the list of participants (all participants, no groups).
Miro

In reply to Miroslav Fikar

by Jason La Greca -
Great block. but as Miroslav said above, in 1.7 you get a list of all students... when you have over a 1000 makes for a difficult role marking exercise.. lol.. I am assuming this has a lot to do with the roles functionality with 1.7

keep up the great work

by Greg Francom -
Is there any way to disable the emails that the attendance block sends? We have to take attendance on two labs of students that are in the same class in moodle. The labs take place at different times so when we take attendance on the first students it sends emails to all of the second group saying that they were absent.