Is it possible to incorporate gif pictures into Quizzes?

Is it possible to incorporate gif pictures into Quizzes?

by Alvin Ching -
Number of replies: 1

Is it possible to incorporate gif pictures into quizzes and/or one of the answers options?

Example:

Question: Which of the following pictures show a little boy sking?

1. Gif A, 2. Gif B, ......

Or

Question: Refer to the following picture, what is the length of the ruler in the picture?

1. 7cm, 2. 3cm.....

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alvin Ching

Re: Is it possible to incorporate gif pictures into Quizzes?

by Thomas Haynes -

Here is what I do.

I create a quiz with multiple choice problems. I have some software with my PreCalc book that does this for me.

I then create a pdf using PDFCreator.

Copy and paste the blocks off the pdf into a Word document. As I have done this with moodle, the blocks have the questions as well as the answers.

Create "compact html" within Word. This will create a folder with all the blocks of pdf saved as jpgs. I zip this folder and upload it to the moodle site. There it is unzipped and renamed.

All those images are open game for a quiz.

I use case insensitive short answer with the letter of the correct answer as 100%.

This sounds time consuming, and it is, but I put 92 questions on an exam review for my PreCalc class while I was watching a movie on Tivo over the weekend. I select them randomly 15 at a time, and they can take the quiz several times and not start to recognize too many questions.

A characteristic of the compact html is that if you have 20 questions, the jpgs will be numbered by 2's from 2 to 40. It is easy enough to track.

Since you have to register to see the quiz, and we authenticate off the mail server, it is hard to demonstrate this.

Link - Here  is an example from an old Hot Potatoes quiz. Type in any name you want, if you do not complete the quiz, it won't send me anything.

Note: The license on Hot Potatoes changed from version 5 to version 6. It is no longer free for use by non-profits. You have to receive public funds. I have a bunch of quizzes I created w/HP, that I can't use any more as the school tries to figure out if we can find the money for 25 client licenses or so. Moodle looks like the answer to me!