Warning when a student is about to start an attempt

Warning when a student is about to start an attempt

by Tim Hunt -
အကြောင်းပြန်မှု အရေအတွက်: 5
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Documentation writers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Peer reviewers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ
If the number of attempts at a quiz is limited, or if there is a time limit, the student has to OK a pop-up warning before they can start an attempt.

Previously, the logic for when a warning was shown was completely broken.

I think I have fixed it, but it is a big change, so for now I have only checked it into 1.7 dev.

I would be very grateful if anyone could test starting quiz attempts in 1.7 dev, and make sure the right error is shown at the right time, and that I have not broken anything else.

Once we are sure this is working, I'll check it into 1.6+.

More info in bug 6048.

Must dash off now. Off to see Pirates of the Carribbean.
ပျှမ်းမျှအဆင့်သတ်မှတ်ချက်များ: -
Tim Hunt ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

Re: Warning when a student is about to start an attempt

by Tim Hunt -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Documentation writers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Peer reviewers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ
Please, someone, test this!

Open source means that we all should be working together to make Moodle better. Not that I fix all your bugs for you for free and with no help.

Tim
(who perhaps should not post to the forums at the end of a long, hot week. wink)

by Anthony Borrow -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Testers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ
Tim - I would be happy to test this. By chance are the code changes posted to test.moodle.com? Thanks for all your work on the quiz module - it is one that many folks rely on and it is very, very complicated. Peace.
Anthony Borrow ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by Tim Hunt -
test.moodle.com seems to be running 1.6+ at the moment. At the moment the change I want tested is only in 1.7 dev.

1.6+ is meant to be a stable branch, so I don't want to check these particular changes into it until I am sure I have not messed anything up.

by N Hansen -
Tim-You are getting paid to do this work by the OU. But many of the rest of us helping to test these things ARE doing so for free.
N Hansen ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Testers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Translators ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ
Hmm, I'm not sure Tim is paid to post messages to Moodle forums at 10:19 PM on a Friday night. sleepy
Have a nice w-end everybody. cool
Joseph