This is a puzzler

This is a puzzler

by Thomas Bray -
Number of replies: 10
The exact language I'm getting on this problem is
"Could not insert the new quiz category __"
whenever I try and add a new quiz category. I've searched the forums and can't seem to find an answer. The default Quiz category setting works fine. I've installed the latest language mod and I'm running 1.2dev.

I'm stumped on this one.

sad

Thom
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Bray

Re: This is a puzzler

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Are you using today's CVS version?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Thomas Bray -
Now, see, this is why you don't put a cannon (Moodle1.2dev) in the hands of a child(me)! smile

I downloaded the zipped CVS package a few nites ago. The true CVS with Unix and all that I avoided because you don't want me wandering into a Unix shell--I could accidently launch thermo nuclear warheads towards Oz. Or wipe out your university grades. Trust me on this.

If I download the new CVS package, is it likely to solve the problem (probably yes, right?--and then create a new one--which is why it's called DEVELOPMENT smile

One other question; now that databasses have been updated to 1.2, if I took a step backwards to my old 1.1.1 happy, friendly moodle, would it work?

Serves me right for being adventurous!

TB
In reply to Thomas Bray

by John Gone -
Backwards is indeed not a good direction. I've tried and I've failed. I've learned that I'm not the only one that's tried. Don't do it unless you're bored and are looking for a learning adventure. I may be wrong.
In reply to John Gone

by Gustav W Delius -
Backwards is fine: just install the old code and restore the backup of the database that you made right before the upgrade smile.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by John Gone -
It appears I was wrong. Thanks Gustav. Thomas, no problem, go backwards.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Thomas Bray -
backup?....database?... Uh oh...

Not to worry. I prefer 1.2dev even with the few bugs. So far I'm able to work around this problem by adding quiz questions to the default category.

smile

can't wait for 1.2 release. Loving it so far!

TB
In reply to Thomas Bray

by Thomas Bray -
BTW, I just downloaded the new CVS package, unzipped it nd installed it.I get the same error message. I can work around this by just using the default setting, but thought i'd mention that it still doesn't work.

sad

TB
In reply to Thomas Bray

by César Porto Vence -

i have the same problem. black eye

table -> mdl_quiz_categories can't add a new id

I correct this in file moodle/mod/quiz/category.php

line 100+-

$consulta= mysql_query("SELECT max(id) FROM mdl_quiz_categories");

$result_cons = mysql_result($consulta,0)+1;// Parche para solucionar que no incrementa el id

$cat->id =$result_cons;

then the problem solve.

big grin waiting for the final release ...