CSS not working as it should....

CSS not working as it should....

by Andrew Connop -
Number of replies: 8
Hi.

I have customised my copy of moodle to a dark blue background, with wrhite writing. The table cells on the front page have been set to a slightly lighter blue, but so you can still read the white writing...

When i view moodle with Mozilla Firebird 0.7, this is what happens:

When you click on a course, the table cell that contains the available classes is white, and therfore making all my text invisable (as the text is also white). I also have the same problem on a few other pages.

i have taken all refrences to the colour white out, except thoes which control the text colour.

When i view moodle with IE 6, this is what happens:

All table background accross the entire site are transparent, so when you are looking at a class, the topics have no visable boarder, so it looks like:

Topic 1
Topic 2
Tppic 3

without lines between them.... I don't really know how to explain it, as you con probbaly tell from this post...

I don't have any idea why this is so... Unfortunatly i don't have an internet sever with a staic IP so i can't show you what i am talking about.....

I have included the theme files in a zip file with this post if you wish to help me out and see if you ca find out what i have done wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Connop

Re: CSS not working as it should....

by Herbert Keijers -
Hi Andrew,
I think what you are missing is :
.generalboxcontent {
background-color: #6373A5;
}
in styles.php
In reply to Herbert Keijers

by Andrew Connop -

thanks for your reply.

unfortunatly it still has the same results.

by Herbert Keijers -
This is what I see on my test server :

Attachment mirrabooka.png

by Andrew Connop -
Yes. Thre front page works, however when you click on a course, and the page of availabe classes comes up, the tabel bg on that page is white, thus making the text unavailable.

by Herbert Keijers -
I clicked on "Wiskunde" and this came up :
( In styles.php look for the CSS class "courseboxinfo")
Attachment m.png

by Andrew Connop -
Thanks for you help!!!

I have also been investigating other pages where a simular thing happenes and have found that not all pages have been coded to pick up the correct value. For example the view.php page in the user directory . The tabel in which the user information is displayed has a hard coded background set to white, meaning to change the background from white, you need either manually set it to the correct colour or change the page so it is compaitable with CSS in the future.

I thought this might be helpful to anyone else who is having simular problems to me.

Thanks to all those who helped me out with this problem! It has been very much appreciated! big grin

by Susan Silverman -

It is my understanding that there is no hard coded colors anywhere in Moodle, that it is all done through the styles.php and config.php files in the theme.  I just looked at the view.php file in my user directory and I found no hard coded colors.

Is your theme working correctly now?  If not, maybe you should reload your Moodle installation as it seems you have some bad files.

In reply to Susan Silverman

by Andrew Connop -
I have tried it on more than one moodle installation that was downloaded seperatly from each other, with the same result.

There is definatly hard coded colour of white (#000000) in one of the tables.