Problems after cpanel restore.

Problems after cpanel restore.

by Elliot Pearse -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

I have a client who has moodle installed on her account (i run a small hosting company).

The hard drive recently died, so it was necessary to restore her account from a cpanel backup.

However, when restoring the account, i get a lot of sql errors about creating tables  please see url here:

http://susansivertson.com/

This is obviously because the table exists because i have restored the mysql db as well, however, only around 40 tables exist, as opposed to 133 that moodle normally has (is that right?).  Can you tell me if some configurations of moodle run with only 40 tables as i find it hard to believe that cpanel missed some in the backup?

There is also a moodle backup, but when its restored, it does not restore any of the course data etc.

Can anyone help me on this issue as its important this client get her moddle data back, i am a php developer my self and have spent hours trying different things with no luck.

Many thanks,

Elliot.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elliot Pearse

Re: Problems after cpanel restore.

by Steve Hyndman -

Elliot,

The standard Moodle 1.5 install does have 133 tables...there could be more if there were additional blocks/mods installed. A 1.6 install has about 158 tables. It does sound like your cpanel restore isn't restoring all the tables. I seriously doubt if there are any Moodle installs running with only 40 tables.

There are basically two places where Moodle stores data...the database and the moodle_data directory. Your moodle backup probably is restoring some data that is in the moodle_data directory (uploaded files, images, etc.) however, without a full restore of the database that doesn't do much good.

If you have root access to your server, you may want to download the database backup from there and try restoring it.

Steve