Update phpMyAdmin integration available in CVS - please test it

Update phpMyAdmin integration available in CVS - please test it

by Petr Skoda -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi!

I have just uploaded latest phpMyAdmin 2.8.2 patched with Moodle integration into main cvs, it is compatible with Moodle 1.5.x and 1.6.x.

I am looking for testers before announcing it on download page, please test it and report any problems here.

You can get it from: moodle.cvs.sourceforge.net/cvsroot/moodle module mysql. The installation is the same as before, just copy it into your moodle/admin directory. There is no zip package yet, sorry.

Thanks in advance!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Petr Skoda

Re: Update phpMyAdmin integration available in CVS - please test it

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I have been waiting for someone to upgrade this - thanks for doing so. I would be happy to test it later this evening with 1.6 on a WAMP server. Peace.
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Anthony Borrow -
I installed and tried a few things and it seems to be operating fine. Are there any things in particular you would like me to test?
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Just H -
Hi all

Petr, excellent news, just about to try it.

Anthony, one thing to check at least is Bug #5278.

Will report back asap.

Regards
H
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Just H -
Hi Petr As far as I can see so far works perfectly, bug #5278 definitely taken care of smile Only thing that jumps out is the font seems to be larger? No big deal. Thanks for fixing this, much appreciated smile Regards Harry Edit: Hmmmm, what happened to the carriage returns and the html editor control buttons on this post??
In reply to Just H

by Anthony Borrow -
Harry - bug 5278 seemed to be related to backing up a course. I did not see where this might have been a phpmyadmin error - so I am not exactly sure what to test for. Peace.
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Just H -
ooooooops  blush

Sorry about that, it should have been bug #5728 . . . guess my left hand typed faster than my right!

H
In reply to Just H

by Anthony Borrow -
Not a problem - I have not experienced this problem running WinXp, PHP 5.1, MySQL 5, IIS 6.0. So as far as I can tell the issue is fixed or at least not present for my environment.
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Robert Brenstein -
Just made a CVS-based install of Moodle and wanted to add phpMyAdmin in the same mode. I tried

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@moodle.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle/mysql co mysql

but it doesn't work and I can't seem to find the info that "installation is the same as before" refers to. The cvs link on the downloads takes me to web view of sourceforge which is of no help.