Hot pot quizzes and gradebook

Hot pot quizzes and gradebook

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 2
Is there some relation between the number of (or perhaps the maximum number) of hotpot quizzes in a course and the gradebook? The reason I ask is that in one of my particular courses that has around 55 hotpot quizzes, the gradebook suddenly shows a blank page. Also, when I click on hot potatoes quizzes under "activities", a blank page also appears. (Other course which also use a lesser number of hotpot quizzes, all still show the gradebook data). Has anyone else experienced such a problem, and if so, how did they deal with it to recover the gradebook data?

Cheers
Robert
Average of ratings: -
In reply to robert maran

Re: Hot pot quizzes and gradebook

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It sounds like you are getting an error somewhere. TO try and locate the error you could try one of the following:
  • switch on "Debug" on the Admin->Configuration page, and you may get a message reported on the screen when you visit the "Hot Potatoes quizzes" on the activities menu.
  • try and locate the php errror log on your server, and see if you can find any clues there
all the best
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Hot pot quizzes and gradebook

by robert maran -
Hello Gordon,
Our computer admins fixed the problem by updating the hotpot module to v.2.1. Thanks for your reply.
cheers,
robert