Moodle documentation: Please can visited/unvisited links be styled differently in Moodledocs

Moodle documentation: Please can visited/unvisited links be styled differently in Moodledocs

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
When starting to read through a new area of documentation, or when reading recent changes, it is a real handicap that visited and unvisited links look identical. Please can we have them styled differently. Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Moodle documentation: Please can visited/unvisited links be styled differently in Moodledocs

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your suggestion. smile How about styling visited links in purple, like Wikipedia?
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle documentation: Please can visited/unvisited links be styled differently in Moodledocs

by N Hansen -
Isn't that something one could do in one's own browser if one so chooses with a personal style sheet? I personally hate differently styled links. I think it clutters up the appearance of a site's style, and often involves bad color combinations. I mean purple and orange...??
In reply to Helen Foster

by David Scotson -

Helen,

I tried to change my MoodleDocs user theme to whatever the first in the list is ('classic' or 'simple' I think) and it appears to have broken the site completely. Whenever I'm logged in a get a blank screen and if I view the source I only see as far as the body tag before it cuts off:

<body bgcolor='#FFFFFF' onload=''>

Is it possible for you to switch my theme back to something else? It's too busted for me to do anything,

cheers,

dave

In reply to David Scotson

Re: documentation wiki skin change

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Dave,

Apologies for the problem you encountered when changing skin. blush I've reset your preferences back to default, so all should be well once again.

PS. Great to meet you at the UK MoodleMoot! Thanks for all your comments about the documentation. approve
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: documentation wiki skin change

by David Scotson -
Thanks, that's much better.

Great to meet you and Andy (and everyone else) as well. I hope everyone had as good a time and left as inspired as I did.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Ger Tielemans -
In the beginning I made such a change, but changed it back to normal when I realised that visited is workstation dependent: coming home the visited links from school are not there. There is a solution created by the guys of MoodleFN in a course format. (I changed this for my self in a "footprint mark" after the visited resource)
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Visited link highlighting is always workstation dependent (or actually, web browser profile dependant). So it is not as good a Moodle forum read tracking.

But it is still incredibly useful for the majority of people who only read moodledocs from one computer.

So, please, please, please, can we have it. Even if it is not perfect, it is much better than nothing.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by N Hansen -
It's would be a bit misleading though, because the content of a page can change, so even if you have visited the page before, it may not actually be the same page content-wise anymore.