enrolment plugin options missing in v1.6?

enrolment plugin options missing in v1.6?

by Ryan Thomas -
Number of replies: 4
I recently upgraded to v1.6. My one course set up to use LDAP for enrollment (in v1.5) now is broken and I can't select LDAP as my enrolment method. Any ideas? I also tried creating a new course, and the same thing: the enrolment plugins drop-down on course settings only lists "internal enrolment".

Anybody else experiencing this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan Thomas

Re: enrolment plugin options missing in v1.6?

by Dan Stowell -
Go to Admin -> Users -> Enrolment Plugins and you'll find the screen for enabling the enrolment plugins you want to use.
In reply to Dan Stowell

by Ryan Thomas -

It was/is already enabled.  Everything was working great in v1.5.

The patch that Dan puts forward in the bug report comments (http://moodle.org/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=5882) has made it so that my AD group members are enrolled automatically again -- which is the main thing.  (Thanks Dan!) 

LDAP-enrolled users are no longer told that the course is not open for enrollment.  The settings drop-down menu, however, still doesn't list ldap as an option for default enrolment.  It lists "Internal Enrolment" twice.  (Seems pointless.)  Why doesn't it list LDAP?  Is it because LDAP is not an interactive enrolment method?  If so, shouldn't this settings field be something like "Interactive Enrolment Plugins" instead of "Enrolment Plugins"?

In reply to Ryan Thomas

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Why doesn't it list LDAP?  Is it because LDAP is not an interactive enrolment method?  If so, shouldn't this settings field be something like "Interactive Enrolment Plugins" instead of "Enrolment Plugins"?

I don't want to be picky, but the text above the enrolment plugins configuration table reads (emphasis is from original text):

"..., and one plugin can be set as the default plugin for interactive enrolment."

All of them are enrolmente plugins. Some of them are interactive enrolment plugins. So if a plugin is not available for interactive enrolment (the plugin itselfs dictates this), you can't choose it as the default. Seem pretty clear for me smile

Saludos. Iñaki.