I would like all of your advice on how to go about learning it as soon as possible. I am very motivated, because I cannot wait till I write my first (even very simple) Moodle module.
A couple of things to take into consideration:
- I have a good enough knowledge of HTML, so I don't need any courses in that.
- I understand the general principles of databases, but like to learn more about and practise more with queries.
- I like learning out of books and am not bothered by fist-thick (as we Dutch call it) documentation. However it should include structured excersizes and not just examples.
- I have some knowledge in programming (mostly in basic-like languages (OPL for the Psion)) and a good understanding of math.
- I am capable of learning by myself and do not need to enroll in a course.
What is the book about the delectable PHP/MySQL combination?
Do I start with a small book and then use a reference manual or would it be better to start with something very extensive?
Where did you all learn this stuff?
Looking forward to your answers....