Line break in concept when attachment added

Line break in concept when attachment added

لە لایەن Sandra Langeveld -
Number of replies: 9
I want to make a publication list in which students can add their own publications. "Glossary" looked very nice to do this, with the authors in the concept. However, when I add an attachment (the publication itself) the authors are broken up and put underneath each other. Anyone knows how to fix this? Or is there another module which is easier/better?
تێکرایى نمرەپێدراوەکان: -
In reply to Sandra Langeveld

Re: Line break in concept when attachment added

لە لایەن W. Hink -
Hi Sandra,
did you try the new database module with moodle 1.6? You can add as many fields as you need, images and attachments included.
But you can also add attachments to wiki pages (put one author at one wiki page, with attachments).

Regards from Berlin
Wolfgang
In reply to W. Hink

Thanks, If I can't solve this problem I would try the database and or wiki

لە لایەن Joseph Rézeau -
وێنەی Core developers وێنەی Particularly helpful Moodlers وێنەی Plugin developers وێنەی Testers وێنەی Translators
Sandra > "Glossary" looked very nice to do this, with the authors in the concept.

I have no idea what you mean by that. Can you be more specific? give a real example?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

I want to put a line like: "Ussery, D.W. and Langeveld, S.M.J." in the concept line, when I add a PDF the layout turns out like:

Ussery,

D.W.

and Langeveld, S.M.J.

لە لایەن Timm Reinisch -
Hallo Sandra,

I´m trying to reproduce this, but I can´t. Using your concept line, everything works fine for me.

Which version of moodle are you using? Which display format of the glossary are you using?
Which theme for your site are you using? What is the exact name of the pdf, meaning how long is the name? Could you include a screenshot? What is the browser you are using?

It seems, that the full style of display uses tables, with concept and attachment name in one row. So maybe it worth giving the encyclopedia style a try, in case you are using full style right now.

Does this problem occur in encyclopedia style too?

In reply to Timm Reinisch

Dear Timm,

Indeed, the display format seemed to be the problem. I was using the simple dictionary style and with "full" the problem is solved. For future reference I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks again

Sandra

Attachment Glossary.jpg

لە لایەن Joseph Rézeau -
وێنەی Core developers وێنەی Particularly helpful Moodlers وێنەی Plugin developers وێنەی Testers وێنەی Translators
Sorry, Sandra, I still do not understand what you mean by "when I add a PDF the layout turns out like: etc.".

Do you mean that you take the following course of action in one of your course Glossaries:
  1. Add a new entry
  2. In the concept field, type Ussery, D.W. and Langeveld, S.M.J.
  3. in the definition field, type e.g. "Attached to this Glossary "definition" is a PDF file containing a lecture by Ussery and Langeveld about DNA Symmetry Elements in Whole Genomes
  4. In the Attachment field, add a link to e.g. Ussery_Langeveld.pdf
I've done this and the display of that Glossary entry looks OK.
Try to answer Timm's questions, and post a screen shot so we can see exactly what happens so maybe we can help.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Thanks guys,

for answerring your questions I have to get to work first (which is friday), because somehow I cannot access my moodle site from home (another thing I have to solve).

The course of action described by Joseph is right.

I think I have the last version of 1.5

I have the basic layout (white, dunno the exact name)

I'll check the settings friday and get back to you