Add username to data export?

Add username to data export?

by Jonathan Smith -
Number of replies: 3

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how i would go about adding the username to the fields exported from the gradebook in .xls format.

It would be very useful to add this so that the data can be easily imported into our pupil tracking software.

Can the wording of the column headings be amended as well - our tracking software responds better if the fields are named in a particular way. This isnt a major issue as I know I can do this manually but it would be useful.

Thank you

Jonathan Smith

ICT Coordinator
Portsmouth High School

In reply to Jonathan Smith

Re: Add username to data export?

by Sarah Quantick -
Jonathan

What tracking software are you using, I have been playing with importing data from moodle into Assessment Manager.

Have you thought about doubling the username into ID as this is present in the spreadsheet when it it exported.

You can easily do this by importing the information from a text file in admin users upload users

Sarah
In reply to Sarah Quantick

by Jonathan Smith -

Sarah

Just got back from holiday and noticed your reply.

I am also using Assessment manager so any tips you might have from your experience would be very useful.

Thanks for your suggestion about the doubling the username into ID.

Jonathan Smith

In reply to Jonathan Smith

by Mark McNulty -

Hi, Jonathan/Sarah...

Hope you don't mind me butting in like this - but just wanted to say that I also teach in the UK secondary school and and very interested in how Moodle "talks" to SIMS/Assessment Manager.

I'm sure there are loads of colleagues out there in a similar position who love Moodling but who are realising that Moodle doesn't perhaps boast (or claim!) the same degree of integration with MIS software as other commercial VLE/MLE/Learning Platfoms.

It would be good to use these forums to share ideas/best practice.

Mark