I received the following message after my first scheduled backup was run:

Summary
==================================================
  Courses: 16
  OK: 0
  Error: 0
  Unfinished: 16

Some of your courses weren't saved!!

Please take a look to your backup logs in....

I then went to my backup logs.  Here is a sample of what I found:

title 1 2 Jul, 11:15 - 31 Dec, 20:00 Error 9 Jul, 03:00
title 2 2 Jul, 12:00 - 31 Dec, 20:00 Error 9 Jul, 03:00
title 3 2 Jul, 12:30 - 31 Dec, 20:00 Error 9 Jul, 03:00

First off, why would it say Dec. 31st, 20:00?  Why am I unable to backup?  How do I correct the problem?

I have two Moodle installations (1.5.2 [Patched-1]) running on the same site (different folders).  Both Moodle sites were installed using Fantastico.  I only set the scheduled backup to run on one of the sites.  Cron appears to be working on both.  Can't find any information in cpanel error logs.  Moodle backup settings:

Include Modules: Yes with user data
Metacourse: Yes
Users: All
Logs: Yes
User Files: Yes
Course Files: Yes
Keep 1 File
Active: Yes
Sunday
Execute at 03 00
Save To:        (left blank)

Does anyone have an idea what I need to do?  Thanks so much for your help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Linda B

Re: Scheduled Backup Errors

by Kathy Mohr -
Linda,

I am having the same problem with 2 installations of Moodle on our server. I've been trying to resolve this for some time but with no success. Therefore, I've been doing daily manual archiving of the files.

Wish we could find someone to help with this issue.
In reply to Linda B

by Linda B -

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for responding.  We can't be the only two people with this problem.  Perhaps someone can help us find an answer??? 

In reply to Linda B

by Linda B -

Helen, thanks for the link.  I read the 3 error options...not sure what it all means.  The detailed execution logs on each site appears to be similar:

08:00 AM:03 Start backup course ABCD

08:00 AM:03     Phase 1: Checking and counting:
08:00 AM:03         checking parameters

All the courses end at "checking parameters".

Many of the courses are not visible to students, so I understand why those would not be backed up ("reason #3 skipped" - using Helen's link).  However, I'm not sure why the visible courses never get past the "checking parameters" phase.  Could someone please explain further?  Thank you!

In reply to Linda B

by Pierrick Parigot -
Hi Linda

Same problem here. I have just started to schedule my backups and I am getting the very same email message. When I look at the log, I am getting a similar incomprehensible Time taken.
My Moodle Backup settings are similar to yours (except that I run the backup every day at 1:00 am.)
The Backup FAQ did not help me much either, in fact it eventually sent me to this forum.
So, even if I can't help you, know that you're not alone...

Cheers
Pierrick

PS Manual backups work fine.