Glossary and footer.html

Glossary and footer.html

by Timm Reinisch -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

it appears to me that the glossary when opening a new window to display the entry for
a word "forgets" to copy footer.html to the code for that window.
Everything else of the glossary works perfectly well, and it copies header.html.

I´ve checked that with several of the standard templates and found the same problem in all cases.

Im running moodle 1.6 on linux.

Is this a bug in the glossary? Does anybody experience the same? Is there a fix?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Timm Reinisch

Re: Glossary and footer.html

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Timm,
What exactly would you like displayed at the bottom of your Glossary pop-up window that you are missing? That popup window is only expected to display, besides the relevant Glossary entry, a link to the full Glossary itself, and a Close this window button.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Timm Reinisch -
Hi Joseph,

so maybe I am wrong, but I expected that when header.html from the theme folder
is used to build the popup html also footer.html should be included, otherwise the html in the popup window would not be valid, since tags from header.html remain unclosed?

thanks
Timm

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Timm,
I understand your concern. Indeed the Glossary popup window is not valid HTML since the tags opened in the header are not closed (because the footer is not used)! But it works all the same...
Joseph
PS May I add that I am personally not much concerned with all this "valid HTML" gibberish. As long as it works, it suits me fine.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Timm Reinisch -
Hi Joseph,

ok, so its not a bug but its a feature? Hmm, any idea how to work around this?
My problem is, that I am using my own theme to fit the design of the rest of my
site. As far as i see, it is not possible to have the css for this theme working, without closing at least some of the tags.

So: is there any way to make the glossary extension use footer.html?

thanks

Timm

Solved, was:Re: Glossary and footer.html

by Timm Reinisch -
Hey Joseph,

thanks for your longanimity. I finally inspected the source of the glossary extension and yes, you are right, it seems, that it is not intended to use the footer!

So the solution was astounding simple, I just added

print_footer();

at the end of showentry.php and everything is fine.

thanks

Timm