alphabetic problem!

alphabetic problem!

by ammar mohammadi -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I'm editing a course in Farsi language and problem with glossary is that it shows Farsi letters but it does not work! I tried some ways but it does not find any when clicking on letters. any idea or help?

my ideal case is it shows english letters but I must fix course lang to Farsi. so is any way to set letters be english letters?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ammar mohammadi

Re: alphabetic problem!

by Artem Andreev -
I have added bug report bug #6087
In reply to Artem Andreev

by Artem Andreev -
bug fixed...

by Mona Bawazir -
Hello Artem,
How did you fix this bug in your Moodle? I am still facing the same problem.. I checked the bug report you have created,  I could not get  the seloution
key

Regards
  Mona

by Tito V -
Our courses are offered in English and Korean, so users can choose their preferred interface. I run into a problem when trying to create a glossary of Korean words - they are not assigned into the correct first letter, but viewed as a first unit of two or three letters. So the word "개관" ( (outline - for the curious) does not appear in its correct placement under the first letter "ㄱ" but in a newly created division "개".

Of course, it does not even register in the English alphabet index of the english users glossary. It just shows up in a list format categorized under "개".

In other words, it seems that moodle (i am running 1.7) glossary is not indexing korean characters correctly. Above that, the use of two languages is confusing it even more - specially at the user interface level: where would the word "개관" be indexed using latin characters?

Interesting problem, hopefully with a partial solution to come.

Thanks,

Tito Vergara
In reply to Tito V

회신: Re: alphabetic problem!

by Jong-Dae Park -

It seems that the problem is not solved yet.

I am using Moodle 1.9+.

Thanks in advance.

Jong-Dae Park

In reply to ammar mohammadi

by Lusine Khachatryan -

Artem I'm using local armenian version,  and I have problem with glossary. it shows Armenian letters but it does not work when I browse glossary entries by alphabet! When I click on letter - nothing display

When I browse by author's name, it doesn't work - nothing display. But it works fine, when I browse by author's surname.

Can you help me ? Thanks in advance.