importing data - summary of week missing

importing data - summary of week missing

by Maria Tsiakmaki -
Number of replies: 2
Hello..

I have a course which it will be attained by different groups of people. Each group has different dates in various activities such as starting date, dates for the group meetings, and opening closing dates for quizzes, workgroups etc.. The course obligatorily is organised in form of week. I have organized each week with several activities.

As each course has its starting dates, I suppose that I cannot fix different starting dates for the different groups of students. Consequently, I thought to duplicate the course and afterwards change the dates of the activities according to the group. So, I create a new course and I make “Import course data” from the course that I have already organised.

My problem is that the SUMMARY of each week is NOT copied from the original course (all the other activities are copied) sad((

Were do I make mistake? Is there any other way to organize the group’s date without create a duplicate course and importing data from an existing?

Thanks in advance..
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maria Tsiakmaki

Re: importing data - summary of week missing

by Eric Merrill -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yeah, this appears to be a bug. When you restore you have to either create a new course, or replace a course, but not add data to an existing course.

In reply to Maria Tsiakmaki

Re: importing data - summary of week missing

by Bob Puffer -
I became sufficiently annoyed by this bug to look into it.  Turns out the update to the record fails to load the ID for the record to update so it returns FALSE.  Fix is restorelib.php around line 857, include the red line in this snippet:
if(!$rec) {
$rec = get_record("course_sections","course",$restore->course_id,"section","0");
} else {
$section->id = $rec->id;
$newid = update_record("course_sections",$section);
}