Problem using tags in HTML editor

Problem using tags in HTML editor

par John Ryan,
Nombre de réponses : 2
I want to produce a set of instructions about using HTML for my students. Take for example

<h1>this text should be lrge</h1>

The problem that I have is that when I type this phrase into the HTML editor it works fine. If I toggle to the HTML I see that the < has been translated to &lt; and > to &gt; which is what I want.

If I save this everything is fine and I am happy big grin

However, if I spot a mistake and go back in to edit the page then I see

this text should be lrge

that is the HTML editor has translated the &lt; and &gt; back to < and > and acted on the code.

This is proving very frustrating as I have produced a lot of material for this and it is messing up big time. What I have explained here is only an example.

I am using Moodle 1.5.2 + (2005060223)
The only filter active is the glossary linking.
Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à John Ryan

Re: Problem using tags in HTML editor

par Janne Mikkonen,
Still investigating this and haven't come across with it. Does this happen everywhere in your site or is it only in some modules?
En réponse à Janne Mikkonen

Re: Problem using tags in HTML editor

par John Ryan,
I have only spotted it when creating a Web page as a resource but I will experiment in Forums with it.

Thanks for your help.

I have tried it on my backup server which is runnning moodle 1.6 and it doesn't happen there.  I am moving the server to 1.6 in about three weeks time so the problem will be solved then.  It's just that I am delivering a course at the moment on web technologies.