Problem using tags in HTML editor

Problem using tags in HTML editor

deur John Ryan -
Getal antwoorde: 2
I want to produce a set of instructions about using HTML for my students. Take for example

<h1>this text should be lrge</h1>

The problem that I have is that when I type this phrase into the HTML editor it works fine. If I toggle to the HTML I see that the < has been translated to &lt; and > to &gt; which is what I want.

If I save this everything is fine and I am happy big grin

However, if I spot a mistake and go back in to edit the page then I see

this text should be lrge

that is the HTML editor has translated the &lt; and &gt; back to < and > and acted on the code.

This is proving very frustrating as I have produced a lot of material for this and it is messing up big time. What I have explained here is only an example.

I am using Moodle 1.5.2 + (2005060223)
The only filter active is the glossary linking.
Gemiddeld van beoordelings: -
In antwoord op John Ryan

Re: Problem using tags in HTML editor

deur Janne Mikkonen -
Still investigating this and haven't come across with it. Does this happen everywhere in your site or is it only in some modules?
In antwoord op Janne Mikkonen

Re: Problem using tags in HTML editor

deur John Ryan -
I have only spotted it when creating a Web page as a resource but I will experiment in Forums with it.

Thanks for your help.

I have tried it on my backup server which is runnning moodle 1.6 and it doesn't happen there.  I am moving the server to 1.6 in about three weeks time so the problem will be solved then.  It's just that I am delivering a course at the moment on web technologies.