Evaluating Moodle!!

Evaluating Moodle!!

by Andy Neil -
Number of replies: 1

I work in a secondary school in the UK and next week am hoping to lead a whole school training day on Moodle.  This will involve an introductory presentation, three short examples of good practice and one hour training sessions for all staff to cover adding a new course, uploading resources and adding Forums.  I'm interested in getting hold of a survey that will help me to evaluate how well the training went and also to identify staff needs for further training and support.  I'd rather not waste time trying to 'reinvent the wheel', and so would be keen to hear from anyone who has already used a survey with Moodle users.   

On a secondary note, I'm about to begin a Masters dissertation on the topic of VLE implementation and would be interested in learning of the results of any surveys that have already been carried out with staff in an educational establishment.  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Neil

Re: Evaluating Moodle!!

by Colin McQueen -
Hi Andy,

I am working with an infant school teacher in Hampshire who leading the introduction of a learning platform for the school. Their LP isn't Moodle though. She is also doing a Masters Dissertation on the implemtation. Would you like me to put her in touch with you? I don't think she has surveyed staff but she has done significant research. She will be presenting at our ICT conference tomorrow in Winchester during my Learning Platform spot. Not sure if you will be there or if Sue will be.

Do you have something like the feedback module added to your Moodle? It makes getting feedback (sic) really easy. I would guess its been used somewhere for feedback. I know Gideon William at Perins has also used the questionairre module to get feedback from students.

Regards