A fast forward to 2008. We are looking at setting up Moodle based elearning centers. Would it be possible to share your learning from your experiences:
- Are you using Moodle now? And if so
- Your situation current:
- Number of enrolled students
- Number of courses offered
- Number of Teachers
- Typical number of concurrent users
- Bandwidth required from the server farm
- Are you planning to use server virtualization?
- Are the Schools using Thin Clients, connected with a Terminal Server which then is hooked , over the Internet to your server farm. Response time etc issues. Ideally we would like to have a bevy of Thin Clients,connected to a Class server (about 50-100 Thin Clients per server).The Class server could serve local content, to save Internet bandwidth.
- Would it help to use technologies like NX, VNC, RDP to reduce Internet traffic from your server farm to the School servers/Thin Clients?
- How do you train the System Admin/IT Incharges and Teachers of the schools?