Restrict reply to news forum

Restrict reply to news forum

by Daniel Schimrik -
Number of replies: 4

Hallo!

I do use the news forum on my start page, and only want to post news. But every student is allowed to make a relpy on my posts.

Is it possible to restrict the news forum only to accept posts (by the administrator) and no replies?

Regards, Daniel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Schimrik

Re: Restrict reply to news forum

by Marco Rosa -
Hello,

i use the forum the same way. If you edit the forum definitions, theres one option where you can say 'no discussion or reply allowed'

hope it helps

marco.rosa@iantt.pt
In reply to Marco Rosa

by Daniel Schimrik -

Hi Marco!

On my start page I do use the news forum option. The news forum on the start page has no editing possibility, I think.

But it should only post news, and no replies. Maybe I have to try to edit the news forum settings directly in the database?

In every other cours if I do create a new forum, your solution would work.

Daniel

In reply to Daniel Schimrik

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just go to the forum (so you can see all discussions) and use the "update" button at the top-right.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Daniel Schimrik -

Hello Martin!

I did the change directly at database level. But as I saw your answer, followed your steps, yes, there it was: the update button. Just let me say it with these words: "I haven't seen the wood for the trees"

Thanks again, Marco and Martin!