Deleting User with mysql ...

Deleting User with mysql ...

by Peter Sereinigg -
Number of replies: 3

If I delete users using mysql, are then all informations from these users automaticly deleted in all tabels? (Database integrity rules ...)

Background: In the courses at university I will have to manage are 50 Students each course, 3 courses ...
you see al lot of deleting ...
The selection could be using the city information for the groups as a criterium...

Thanks Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Sereinigg

Re: Deleting User with mysql ...

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
No, they are not deleted everywhere and you will cause serious problems.  Don't delete things manually in the tables.

You can delete users on the admin user page ... it will mark accounts as deleted but retain the account for data integrity.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Peter Sereinigg -

... a wish to santa clause (or better easter rabbit, this is sooner ...)... bachjob from a file to delete users ...

Thanks

Peter

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Patrik Nilsson -
I been searching the forums and I think this is the closed to the question I get.
Martin you talk about deleting users in the admin page. I also noticed in the newest version there is a function that delete a user from a course if not seen for so many days. But is it possible to use the same script and modify so it deletes the user frommoodle after not seen for so many days.