Problems with dfwiki and backup

Problems with dfwiki and backup

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 20
I restored a course that contained a wiki built with dfwiki but the wiki is nowhere to be found. Has anybody found himself/herself with this problem? Can anybody help us find a solution? The contents of this wiki are very important as they are the core of an ongoing project so it is very important that we can transfer them to the new Moodle installation. As a last resort, I guess we could do some cutting and pasting but since the wiki has become rather I would prefer to avoid that.

Josep M. 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Problems with dfwiki and backup

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI josep maria!
with all this new development we forgot to keep backups/restore up to date. Please, send me your backup file and I'll try to find a solution.
Salut!
Marc

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hola Josep,

Marc told me that you are in trouble. Could you send me your backup file? It's posible that I can hack it to restore it. What version of dfwiki are you running in new instalation?

DFWikiTeam, Pigui
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Josep M. Fontana -
Hola Pigui (el teu alias no sona massa bé en anglès  smile),

I need a private e-mail address so that I can send you the backup file. There is nothing really confidential but since most of the contents are still work in progress, I'm not sure the people who have contributed to this course would really want to share it with the world, yet).

Josep M.

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Josep M.
Pigui's alias is great! don't you remeber frank ozz's Miss Piggi Muppet?? Great!!!
You can send me the files to me and I'll rely to Pigui.
Regards
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Josep M. Fontana -
Yeah, I like Piggy the Muppet. And I like Babe, too. As long as Jordi knows that for many in Moodle his name might sound like "porquet", that's OK  smile.

I sent him a URL with the problem backup file via the Moodle messenger. I've done the same in a message sent to you. Thanks in advance.

Josep M.

by Jordi Piguillem -
Jeje, me'l va posar un profe de mates quan anava a l'escola.

I got the backup file. I'll work on it a couple of days and I'll give you a solution as soon as possible.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Josep,

In what version of dfwiki do you want to restore it?

DFWikiTeam, PIgui

by Josep M. Fontana -
Hola Pigui,

In the most recent version, of course smile. I suppose that if we make a backup with the last version installed we won't have the same problem again.

Josep M.

by Jordi Piguillem -
Great, you are a lucky man. One of my partners could restore your course.
Tomorrow, I'll give you the solution.

by Jordi Piguillem -
I'm sorry, I'm so busy these days finishing the documentation of my project.

Berna have restored the backup, but there is a problem with upgrading dfwiki. You will have to wait few days to the new dfwiki release.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui

by Josep M. Fontana -
OK. I'll wait.

Josep M.

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Josep,

we have a new release of DFWiki!! smile
Try it and tell me if you could restore the cursed course. wink

http://appserv.lsi.upc.es/palangana/moodle/course/view.php?id=15

DFWikiTeam, Pigui

by Josep M. Fontana -
Thanks Jordi,

I'll install the new version and try to restore the damned course smile.

Josep M.

by Hugh Morrow -
Ludo,

I too am unable to import the contents of a dfwiki into the new wiki.

The new wiki works fine in moodle 1.6, but will not import an old dfwiki file from XMl or a backup.

the error from the XML import is:
Importing XML file to Wiki

Can't insert page record

Moodle Docs for this page

You are logged in as Hugh (Logout)

Any tips?
In reply to Hugh Morrow

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi,

New Wiki can't import DFWiki backups. We are working in a new tool to make the migration process from DFWiki-Moodle1.5 courses to New Wiki-Moodle1.6 courses.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.

by Josep M. Fontana -
I installed the upgrade you gave me but we have serious problems with the old server and we cannot create new backups. Would there be any way (other than cutting and pasting the code, which would be a bit tedious) to extract the contents and structure of the dfwiki without having to resort to backup?

Thanks

Josep M.

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI JM,
last thing we want to do until we go on vacation is to  fix the backup problems.
I take you want to backup your dfwikis.
Salut!
Ludo

by Josep M. Fontana -
Well, the problem is that I wasn't able to get a good backup (because dfwiki couldn't backup at that point) when the old server was still functioning well. Now our old server (where the courses with dfwikis ara) is giving us problems and I cannot get backups again (indendently of the problems with the dfwiki). What I wanted to do is to try to export the contents of the dfwikis without having to resort to a backup.

Josep M.

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Did the export went well? We are publuishing today a new release of new wiki that imports dfwiki exports and backups fine.
Cheers
Ludo

by Josep M. Fontana -
Problem solved. We managed to fix the problem in the old server (some db tables were corrupted). Then with the previous update for dfwiki you had provided, I backed up the course again this time without problems. Thanks!

Josep M.