DFWIKI (new wiki) Freeze out

DFWIKI (new wiki) Freeze out

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 17
Hi there,
the current dfwikiteam is facing their last month of development before their engineering degree, so all the new features we have been coding will freeze out and now we are heding to a stable and code tunned release.
Meaning : before we go on vacation we will clean the room.
We've got a dfwiki (for 1.5 ) very stable with new features that Pigui is uploading in a few minutes.
We are moving from our own CVS ( that we use beacuse sourceforge's sucks and gets off line every now and thenlengua fuera ) freezing all new development and 3 guys will focuss on tunning and embelleshing the code so petr will be very happy.
I expect this process to finish before "san juan" (summer solstice), a solar event to celebrate a new wiki for moodle ??? pensativo
Cheers
Ludo the dfwikiteam Boss (allways wanted to have something in common with Springteen)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: DFWIKI (new wiki) Freeze out

by Art Lader -
Great news, Ludo. Thanks to your team for all your hard work!

-- Art

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi,

DFWiki_rev2006061400 is avaliable in our Home Page:

http://appserv.lsi.upc.es/palangana/moodle/course/view.php?id=15

DFWikiTeam, Pigui
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Great Pigui,
please contact JM Fontana for backup / restore problems.
Ludo out

by Ger Tielemans -
Why not offering it as you did before: tables and libs which are not collapsing with the original eWiki, so the user can choose which wiki (or use both)??
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Ger!
Tha'ts because new wiki is intended to be the sustitute for e-wiki, as we discussed with martin (one of the first requests as to rename the module to wiki, and it was painfull) DFwiki is a separate activity, but the new wiki is being developed to get rid of ewiki as soon as good Martin agrees to it.
Regards
Ludo
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Jordi Piguillem -
We solved some problems with:

Block Synonymous
Block List of Pages
Block Create New Page

Now they work correctly. As soon as I finish testing all of them, a new version will be avaliable for download.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui

by Bernardino Todolí López -
Hi there!
I'm another Dfwikiteam developer.
I'd like to annouce that the backups for Dfwiki works fine. Including all the new features.
Bernardino

Hi,
I've just updated to the latest wiki with all these brand new features, but it can't find the first page. I believe it's a group mode thing since the prior wiki wasn't able to manage them. Do you have a clue?
Bernardino
In reply to Bernardino Todolí López

I found out that the $member->id is always 0. Where is it loaded from?
Bernardino 

by N Hansen -
Will the latest release of DFWiki run on 1.6?
In reply to N Hansen

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Nicole,
my last post "1.6 issues" on this thread anwers your question.
Regards
Ludo

DFWiki migration 1.6 ISSUES

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI there,
now that 1.6 is comming along most dfwiki users will want to upgrade. We (dfwikiteam) are not testing dfwiki with 1.6, we use new wiki for 1.6 purposes.
So the best course of actio wolud be
  • backup all your courses, wikis and dfwikis ( for your own sake) I suggest you also backup directly the dfwikis with the export feature.
  • upgrade to 1.6
  • install new wiki
  • restore your dfwikis with the import feature.
The backup restore feature will be completelly tested next week, so I suggest to all of you guys to wait untill next week, when the great Jordi Pigui0 releases the backup revides versions  of dfwiki and wiki.
ÇBe extremelly carefull those users with dfwiki and groups, we are working on it.
May the force be with all of us
Ludo

Re: DFWiki migration 1.6 ISSUES

by Juan Marín -
Hi Ludo:
I have installed the new moodle 1.6 and it seems that the wiki module distributed is the "Old-Wiki".
The last "New_Wiki" release that I Found was wiki : version 2006042001 works with 1.6 beta 5
To install It, I Had to delete the wiki module first (I couldn't replace the "last" Old-Wiki directly).
After deleting the module I could install New wiki : version 2006042001. This version works fine (but withouth the new dfwiki features, and with problems when I try to import exported XML dfwikis). I suppose this would be fixed in new releases (¿this week? wide eyes).

I have some doubts:
  • Is the 20060420001 the latests version?
  • It is possible to install directly the new wiki or It is necesary to delete the  wiki_module first?

I would like to suggest ...:
In reply to Juan Marín

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI Juan,
I'm expecting a updated (with backups working) this week.
Glad you have aceess to Moodle.org again?
Regards
Ludo

by Juan Marín -

Wonderful. big grin

On saturday I got access to moodle.org again (the problem was a filter at my university that avoid access to very new IPs, and the new moodle.org server was too new wink)

Juan