Still getting the British English Words

Still getting the British English Words

by Will Muenchow -
Number of replies: 6
Small problem. I have installed the EN_US lang pack, but when a user tries to login to a course (no enrollment key), they are presented with the following:

"You are about to enrol yourself as a member of this course.
Are you sure you wish to do this?"

My problem is with the world "enrol". This should be coming up with two "ll" correct? I have the sitewide lang set to EN_US.

What am I doing wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Will Muenchow

Re: Still getting the British English Words

by Tim Allen -
Hi Will,

This could happen if users have their own language default set to EN in their profile settings, which takes priority over the site default. Have a look and check to see whether this is the case.

HTH, smile
Tim.

by N Hansen -
This question gets asked way too often in these forums. Both "enrol" and "enroll" are equally acceptable American spellings, so there is no error. What you are doing wrong is not looking in a dictionary. Try Webster's and you will see both are correct.
In reply to N Hansen

by Will Muenchow -

Possible so, but it is not common.  If your Microsoft Word is set to the states, go ahead and type enrol and tell me what happens?!;)

I've created a new account that the users preference is set to EN_US - but I'm still getting "enrol".

Any help? I didn't seem to have a problem with this in 1.5.3 ?

by Will Muenchow -

Also, I've just gone ahead and deleted all other lang files so that the only two that remain are EN and EN_US. I've made sure again to have the global lang set to EN_US and that my demo student account is also set to EN_US in their profile.  I'm still getting "enrol" even though in the EN_US pack it has "enroll" and not "enrol".

This a bug in 1.6 Beta 5?

by Will Muenchow -
Found in. When in "edit strings" I found the "You are about to enrol yourself as a member of this course.<br />Are you sure you wish to do this?". This must have just been missed as everywhere else throughout the EN_US lang pack it has "enroll" instead of "enrol".

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Fixed in CVS now - should work by tomorow after language packs upgrade