Can all submissions be made open to all students?

Can all submissions be made open to all students?

by Kevin Audleman -
Number of replies: 4
The workshop module is perfect for the way my school wants to handle assignments. The inclusion of a grading rubric and the requirement of peer review are exactly what we need.

My only question concerns visibility of assignment submissions to students. Our school is an MBA program where students are doing unique projects. There is no overlap and no worry about cheating, copying, and all those other problems High School teachers have to worry about. We want our courses to become repositories of student work where anyone can come and look at the innovative work our students are doing.

So my question: does the Workshop module allow all submitted work to be visible to everyone?

Thanks,
Kevin Audleman
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Audleman

Re: Can all submissions be made open to all students?

by Joe Rowe -
Kevin.

If you find out how to do that please email me.
I would love to do this.

My ugly workaround: I have students copy and paste work to a forum where they can only make one posting. If they have to share attachments with the whole class I then have them email their work. Each student knows the email name of all other students in their address book. That is a bit messy and they get off task in email.

send me any help on this. My email name
is......

jrowe
@@@at@@@
igc.org

thanks, joe jrowe @@--> igc.org

In reply to Joe Rowe

by Will Taylor -
... email their work. Each student knows the email name of all other students in their address book. That is a bit messy and they get off task in email ...

On this subtopic - the new release of the QuickMail block allows you to permit student access to QuickMail - so students can quickly email all or any selection of their class members.

by Peter Sereinigg -

After finished workshop you can publish all works - you may select this in th configuration table

peter

by Paul Nijbakker -

For creating a repository in which students can comment and grade each other's work I would use a database module or a glossary. If the workshop is the required tool, the amount of peer files to grade can be set very high, so that all students see all uploaded work.

Rgrds,
Paul.