include tamil unicode in moodle

by Moorthy Balasingam -
Number of replies: 10

Is anybody help me to tell the procedures to set up tamil language in moodle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Moorthy Balasingam

Re: include tamil unicode in moodle

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Moorthy,

Some time ago, a team of offered to start translating Moodle to Tamil. It might be a good idea to contact them - they just might have done a lot already. They didn't send any translation to http://moodle.org yet, unfortunately.

I'll send you a private mail with their details.

Otherwise, you can read http://docs.moodle.org/en/Translation and come back here for more help.

In reply to koen roggemans

by elearning edu -

Hi,

The translation of Moodle into Tamil was promised by me to Martin and to you.  I used the volunteers to translate Moodle and when we reached 85% the mail contributor prsuing his graduate studt at Texas dur to his academis commitment dropped out.  After that the project collapsed.

Now since we moved to Unicode I strated the Tamil Unicode work.  This time I engage developers on payment under my direct suoervision.  They promised to complete the work within a fortnight.

When the work is completed I will upload the file to Moodle.org

Nagarajan

In reply to elearning edu

by Moorthy Balasingam -

வணக்கம் Dr நாகராஜன் அவர்களே,

மூர்த்தி ஆகிய நான் முதற்கண்  இந்த அரும்பெரும் முயற்சிக்கு இதயபூர்வமான நன்றியறிதலை தெரிவித்துக்கொள்கிறேன். தமிழ்மொழி உலகம் முழுவதும் இந்த விஞ்ஞானயுகத்தில் மனித வேறுபாடுகளை கடந்து பரவி, முரசுகொட்டி ஒலிக்கவேண்டும் என்பதுதான் எனது ஆவல்.

நன்றி!. நன்றி!.. நன்றி!..............

இப்படிக்கு

மூர்த்தி                                                                         

by Sarveswaran Kengatharaiyer -
Picture of Translators

Dr. Nagarajan Vadivel,

Your works and determination are great.

Where I can get this Tamil language package for Moodle? I couldnt find out it in Moodle site.

Also I have put a mail to your email address, which i got from your credit site. But i didnt receive any replies.

I am looking for you help!

Sarves

In reply to Sarveswaran Kengatharaiyer

by elearning edu -
Hello,
Thanks for your mail.  I do not know your earlier mail did not reachme.  Do you have a  skype or any IM like yahoo messenger.  I will be happy to discuss with you on how to install tamil language pack. 
Already Moodle translation in Sinhala is completed. 
By now you have all the three languages of your nation in Moodle.
Nagarajan

by Sarveswaran Kengatharaiyer -
Picture of Translators
வணக்கம் பேராசிரியர் நாகராஜன் அவர்களே,

தங்கள் உதவிக்கு மிக்க நன்றி.
நீங்கள் சொன்னபடி தமிழ்மொழித் தொகுதியை உட்புகுத்த முனைந்தேன், முடியவில்லை. பின்னர் பின்வரும் 'http://download.moodle.org/lang16/ta_utf8.zip' முகவரி மூலம் அதை பதிவிறக்கி உட்புகுத்திக் கொண்டேன். இதனால் ஏதாவது பிரச்சினை வருமா? ஆனால் இப்போது அது வேலைசெய்கிறது.
ஏன் சிங்கள மொழியுடன் ஒப்பிடும்போது தமிழ்மொழியில் நிறைய பகுதிகள் இன்னமும் ஆங்கிலத்தில் காணப்படுகின்றன? ஏதாவது காரணத்தோடுதான் அவ்வாறு விடப்பட்டுள்ளதா இல்லை இன்னமும் மொழிமாற்றம் செய்யப்படவில்லையா?
நன்றி

Sarves

In reply to Moorthy Balasingam

by Rishi VG -

வணக்கம் திரு.மூர்த்தி ஐயா அவர்களே

எங்களுடைய ஆசான் திரு.நாகராஜன் அவர்களின் முயற்சியில் தமிழ் மொழியை  கணிப்பொறித்துறையில் உலகம் முழுவதும் உள்ள மக்கள் அறியும் வகையில் வெளிக்கொணர வேண்டும் என்பதே எங்களது ஆசான் திரு.நாகராஜன் அவர்களின் ஆவல். அதன்படி நாங்கள் பல இணையதளங்களைத் தமிழில் உருவாக்க எண்ணியுள்ளோம். அதன் பொருட்டு நாங்கள் மேற்கொண்ட முயற்சியின் ஒரு பகுதி  இதுவே. தாங்கள் எங்கள் முயற்சிக்கு துணை நிற்பதைக் கண்டு பெருமைப்படுகிறோம்.

தாங்கள் அனுப்பிய மடலுக்கு மிக்க நன்றி .  தமிழ் வாழ்க...

In reply to Rishi VG

by Éric Goupil -

How did you make Tamil characters to be readable by me? I don't have the Tamil font on my computer, but still I can read It. I try to find away to get the same result with the Cree language (Canadian Native people language). I wrote in cree (using Unicode cree fonts) in the moodle editor and that worked very well. The problem: only my computer with the Cree Font can read It. When I use another computer, there only unreadable square... I cannot read the cree font at all.

If you can give me some links where I can start... It will be great!

Thanks

Eric

In reply to Éric Goupil

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Well we all must have a Tamil font on our computers without knowing it!
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Éric Goupil -

Thanks Tim. Then the only way to make others computers to read the Cree font is to ask people to download and install the cree font on their computer. Am I right, this is the only way?

Eric