mapping an image?

mapping an image?

by Luca Arese -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I've tried to map an image using the html editor, but when i save the editr "loose" the maps chords, so, is there a way to force the editor to let exactly the code how you've putted in?

Or: is there another way to map an image (yes, it should carry the user to 2 different links)

Thanx for ideas and suggestions!

Luca

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luca Arese

Re: mapping an image?

by David Scotson -
If you're confident with HTML then you can temporarily switch off the HTML editor in your user profile and simply type the required code.

The HTML editor also has a source code mode (the button looks like "<>") which should in theory allow you to edit code too. (There may still be problems with the editor changing small code details, I don't use the HTML editor myself so I'm a bit vague on the details, sorry).
In reply to David Scotson

by Luca Arese -

Hi David,

Thank you so much fort the tip.

Answering to your second point:

> The HTML editor also has a source code mode (the button looks like "") which should in theory allow you to edit code too.

That was my initially problem: I wrote the mapping html code outside the editor, then i cut'npaste it using the source code mode, but then... the editor erase it during saving process,  "loosing" the maps specs (try if you want to check it). That's the reason why i've posted my thread.

More generally, it will be interesting to know how the editor works in the background. I've rode that javascript code isn't allowed, but maps are a really "old way" to use html and i was a little astonished in discovering that! smile

Anyway, i'll try to do like you suggest, and i will post the results in case of success smile

Luca

In reply to Luca Arese

by Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers को तस्बिर Particularly helpful Moodlers को तस्बिर Plugin developers को तस्बिर Testers को तस्बिर Translators को तस्बिर
Hi Luca,
I've just tested mapping an image in the HTML editor and it works fine. The map coordinates do not disappear upon saving. This using the HTML editor in Moodle 1.6, viewed in Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4, Windows XP.
This has nothing to do with the impossibility to put Javascript into the HTML editor code.
If you can give us more details about a) your environment and b) what sort of image mapping you are doing, maybe we can help.
Other than that, you can always create your HTML pages outside of Moodle, using a Web page creation software and upload these pages (with your image mapping in them) to your Moodle course files, and link to them as a resource.
I personally do not use much the HTML editor in Moodle, I prefer to author all my HTLM pages outside of Moodle, with a real editor, and the added facility of Javascript and CSS if needed.
Joseph