Moodle Partner Application

Moodle Partner Application

by Laszlo Lukacs -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

I'm not sure if this topic belongs here but I'll give it a try. I sent an Moodle Partner application to Moodle.com for about 1,5 month ago. I have not received any response yet, so I wonder if someone knows how long it will take?

I don't know who to contact but I hope someone could help me.

Regards Laszlo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laszlo Lukacs

Re: Moodle Partner Application

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Lazlo,

did you provide evidence in your application that you have the skills required? - click on the "moodle Partner" glossary item in your post above and you will notice there are some pretty big requirements.
eg:

* Are very knowledgeable and supportive of the Moodle project
* Provide quality Moodle services such as hosting and consulting
* Support Moodle development directly via royalty payments
* Are often found around moodle.org, helping people for free

as well as these requirements, there are the normal ones listed on http://moodle.com/partners/requirements/

do you think you fulfill ALL of those requirements?

Moodle HQ is very busy getting ready to release Moodle 1.6 - if they were not easily able to verify that you fit all the requirements with the information you gave, it may just sit on the bottom of the pile until someone has time to address it.

good luck!

smile

Dan

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Laszlo Lukacs -
Hi Dan,

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, I did provide evidence of what we have done with Moodle, and how we could help Moodle with support. We have also ongoing projects with Moodle for Swedish Universities and so on.

Well I hope we will get an answer soon smile

Regards Laszlo

In reply to Laszlo Lukacs

by Bryan Williams -
Hi Laszlo,

Be patient, there is a backlog of applications that Martin is looking over. His attention right now is on getting Moodle 1.6 out of beta and a few other fairly big projects (1.7 & 2.0) mapped out and under way. No slight is intended!

Let me make two suggestions that may enhance your prospects of becoming a Moodle partner. 1.) Start helping people by answering their questions here at Moodle.org. Whatever area you feel especially confident, jump in and help out. If you are seen helping people regularly over the next 90-120 days I can assure you it will get Martin's attention. Helping out in the Moodle community is really important, don't underestimate how much. Bug reporting right now earns extra points. wink 2.) Submit (another) business plan that accurately assesses your revenue projections over the next 12-24 months, including the overall opportunity for commercial services in your region. Detail any business experience you have offering software/educational support services, and note what types of organizations you are planning to target most for you services (i.e., corporate, secondary or higher education).

New partners are being accepted that are going to do this full time and want to make money offering commercial support services in their region. Many organizations need these services today and are willing to pay to get them. Moodle partners bring an assurance to the customer they are getting support directly from the development headwaters; that is, authorized and qualified support. Partners contribute royalties on their sales; so good sales forecasts are looked upon favorably during the review process.

Finally, if you can donate time to help out with the details involved in organizing a MoodleMoot (conference), you will demonstrate your commitment to the community in a big way. The UK MoodleMoot is coming up next month and I'm sure Sean Keogh could use a few extra hands in taking care of the many details involved in organizing this annual MoodleMoot conference. The learning experience would be invaluable!