Save last page of questionnaire instead of sending in --> loss of (accessible) data

Save last page of questionnaire instead of sending in --> loss of (accessible) data

by Ton Verplanke -
Number of replies: 1
One of the members of my testing team found another problem this morning:
I have a questionnaire set to be filled in once and it seperated over a number of pages with the possibility of saving the choices.

If a respondent clicks on save on the last page (after filling in all questions) instead of the button for sending results, the data may be saved in the database, but the questionnaire is not sent, thus the administrator does not receive a message and the results do not show in the reports.

And the respondent can not enter the questionnaire anymore, because the system does lock him out (he/she has filled in all questions).

So I suggest that locking out a respondent should only be done after he/she has actually sent in the responses.

Or maybe even better: Disable the "save" button on the last page?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ton Verplanke

Re: Save last page of questionnaire instead of sending in --> loss of (accessible) data

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Ton -

I can't duplicate this. Save works as expected for me; that is, I can save and then resume where I left off. When I do submit, I can no longer resume (as expected).

mike