I hope someone can help me with this.
I am running Win98 on a computer.
I am really pitiful in my Java knowledge. I am at the trying to learn and play around with stage. I will try to ask my questions more specifically.
- I know they may seem "baby" like but I am confused. I have already installed the latest version of "JRE" on the computer. Infact I saw in the "Add/Remove" window that I have 3 different versions of JRE installed,
Java 2 Runtime Environment SE v1.4.1_02
Java 2 Runtime Environment SE v1.4.2_01
Java 2 Runtime Environment SE v1.4.2_02
Question: Can I remove the two earlier versions?
I want to play a bit in the code of a chatroom called
Babylon Java Chat
- Question: Do I have to DL the SDK and install it on my Win98 system to be able to work with the Java code? If so, which one do I download and install? On the SUN Java page (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html) there are two windows versions,
J2EE v 1.4 with J2SE v 1.4.2_02
J2SE v 1.4.2_03 JRE SDK
Question: Which of these would be the correct one to download and install.
- Question: Does the Java software self install?
- Question: Do I have to make some adjustment in the "Autoexec.bat" file for the Java scripts to work"?
- Question: Do I have to install something into the "www" folder in the "easyPHP" directory to get the Chat Room to work inside of the websites I have working on the computer?
Thanks again in advance for any help the MOODLE community can give me about this. I am really a novice when it comes to Java.