NO Automatic Linking in the lessons

NO Automatic Linking in the lessons

od Roberto Azar -
Število odgovorov: 12
Hi !
The automatic linking does not works with the lessons uploaded to two folders which are not "moddata". The automatic linking is enhanced in the configuration and in each word, but it doesn't appears in the word at the lesson.

Perhaps the lessons MUST be into "moddata" ?
What's wrong?

Thanks in advance
Roberto
http://eba-stats.com/moodle
Povprečje ocenitev: -
V odgovor na Roberto Azar

Re: NO Automatic Linking in the lessons

od Roberto Azar -

Correction of the last message, discovered only now: the links to the glossary

WORKS FINE: the correct word is linked to the correct place of the glossary BUT what does NOT appears is the grey zone that covers the word ( as here in the word "glossary" ).... to announce that "this is a link".....

It's only happening in the HTML pages I uploaded to the course. In the frames of those pages and the rest of the site, the automatic linking WORKS FINE.....

What's WRONG ?

Thanks in advance
Roberto
http://eba-stats.com

od Joseph Rézeau -
Slika Core developers Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Plugin developers Slika Testers Slika Translators
Roberto,
The coloring of the word(s) linked to the Glossary is dependent on your theme. Which theme are you using?
Joseph
V odgovor na Joseph Rézeau

od Roberto Azar -
Hi!
Thanks, Joseph by your answer:
The Theme is Standard logo;
but the question is that when you reach the course area, the words appears highlighted in the columns and the frames and in the titles and the blocks of presentation of each module of the course:
ONLY AT THE HTML LESSON TO WHICH YOU REACH CLICKING ON THE LINKS and appears UNDER the frame, the words of the glossary appears CORRECTLY LINKED but not HIGHLIGHTED......

Roberto

od Joseph Rézeau -
Slika Core developers Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Plugin developers Slika Testers Slika Translators
Roberto,
I suppose those HTML files that you upload as resources have their own CSS rules (either included in the files or linked from a *.CSS file uploaded as well).
If this is the case, there may be a conflict between the style for the <a> links in your CSS rules and the style for <a> links in the Standard CSS.
Here is the style for autolinks in the standard theme:
a:hover {
  color:#FF0000;
}

a.autolink:link,
a.autolink:visited {
  color:#000000;
  background: #DDDDDD;
}

a.autolink.glossary:hover {
  cursor: help;
}

Can you check this?
Joseph

od Roberto Azar -

Yes, Joseph, that style from your last message I found at this file:

Moodle > Themes > Standard > style_color.css

and yes 2: my html lesson files are referred to the following style sheet:

BODY
  {scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFF00;
  scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFAFA;
  scrollbar-face-color: #000080 }
  BODY, P, TD {font: 12pt Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}

1 {font: 8pt Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}
  h4 {font: bold 12pt Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}
  h3 {font: bold 14pt Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}
  h1 {font: bold 16pt Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}

A:link, { text-decoration: none; color: #000000; }
  A:visited { text-decoration: none; color: #800080 }
  A:active { text-decoration: none; color: #CCCC99; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic }
  A:hover { text-decoration:underline; color: #FF0000 }

A.Blue{COLOR: #0000FF; TEXT-DECORATION: none; TARGET="_top"}
  A.Black {COLOR: #000000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; }
  A.BlackLink {COLOR: #000000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font: Bold; TARGET="_top"}
  A.BlueLink {COLOR: #0000FF; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font: Bold; TARGET="_top"}
  A.Brown {COLOR: #A52A2A; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font-Style: Italic; Font: Bold}
  A.Choco {COLOR: #A52A2A; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font-Style: Italic; Font: Bold}
  A.ChocoLink {COLOR: #A52A2A; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; Font: Bold; TARGET="_top"}
  A.Darkgray {COLOR: #A9A9A9; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font-Style: Italic; Font: Bold}
  A.Esp {COLOR: #A52A2A; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font-Style: Italic; Font: Bold}
  A.EspLink {COLOR: #A52A2A; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; Font-Style: Italic; Font: Bold; TARGET="_top"}
  A.GreenLink {COLOR: #008000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; font-weight: bold; TARGET="_top"; Font: 10pt}
  A.Maroon {COLOR: #990000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font-Weight: Bold}
  A.MarronLink {COLOR: #990000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font: Bold; TARGET="_top"}
  A.OrangeLink {COLOR: #FFA5000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font: Bold; TARGET="_top"}
  A.small {COLOR: #000000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font: 8pt TARGET="_top"}
  A.TealLink {COLOR: #008080; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font: Bold; TARGET="_top"}
  A.VioletLink {COLOR: #EE82EE; TEXT-DECORATION: none; Font: Bold; TARGET="_top"}
  A:active {font-weight: bold; color: #CCCC99}
  1 {font: 10pt Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}
  h4 {font: bold 12pt Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}
  h3 {font: bold 14pt Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}
  h1 {font: bold 16pt Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}
  .maroon {COLOR: #990000}
  .bold {font-weight: bold}
  .noline {text-decoration: none}
  .tiny {font: 7pt Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}

What's wrong ?

Roberto

od Joseph Rézeau -
A:link, { text-decoration: none; color: #000000; }
A:visited { text-decoration: none; color: #800080 }
Wrong comma after A:link,
Joseph

od Roberto Azar -
the correction was made:
no change, exactly the same situation: the link to the glossary exists, the highlight does not appears.....

od Joseph Rézeau -
Hi Roberto,
All I can do at this stage is suggest you give me (by e-mail to my address, see my Moodle profile) a guest access to a lesson on your online site. May be I can see things better and help then.
All the best,
Joseph

od Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for giving me access to your site. Sorry, I should have thought of a solution earlier. clown If you want the Glossary autolinks to appear in a special style in uploaded HTML files, you must declare styles for the .autolink class. This declaration will be either within the HTML file itself, or - if you have a number of HTML files - in an external stylesheet linked to each of your HTML files.

So, put this (and change colors, etc. as you like) in your HTML CSS styles:

a:hover {
color:#FF0000;
}
a.autolink:link,
a.autolink:visited {
color:#000000;
background: #DDDDDD;
}
a.autolink.glossary:hover {
cursor: help;
}

Joseph

od Roberto Azar -
Hi, Joseph !
SUCCESS !
Everything is working FINE in each lesson !
GREAT, THANKS A LOT JOSEPH, my friend FOR YOUR HELP !

Now, looking for this solution in the forums, i  studied ( but i don't remember where....) about tips  to control the  autolinking, by example:
1)  determinate word autolink only once in  a  phrase or paragraph
2) no autolink at all in this document....  (something like <link></link>, <nolink>...

and so on
Can you remember me this autolinking control tips ?

Thanks again
Roberto

od Joseph Rézeau -

od Roberto Azar -

OK! Finally done !

The work was finally done with your help, and the problem was solved with your great assistante ! Thanks a Lot !

Now I am fighting with the different differences between the two lines of configurations of config.php ( when true, when false ) and the 3 possibilities of califications of the keywords ( 1st. I know is always checked; 2nd. and 3rd. I am playing..... ), to reach the balance I need. But NOW the autolinking IS WORKING and all the rest  is my work and need to study your article.

Thanks a lot for all this two days of work, Joseph, again !

Roberto

http://eba-stats.com