Error with latest Chat on Windows 2003 IIS

Error with latest Chat on Windows 2003 IIS

by James Stewart -
Number of replies: 3

Line 61 of insert.php

echo '<script type="text/javascript">parent.jsupdate.location.href = parent.jsupdate.document.anchors[0].href;</script>';

My browser window gives me a Java Script error on suggesting that parent.jsupdate.document.anchors[0].href is NULL or Not An Object.

So far I can load the chat session and type a message but upon hitting enter to post it, I receive a blank screen with the javascript error in bottom left corner.

I am using the latest download 1.6?  Also, this is my first venture in to the moodle, I had never seen it before last week but all is working well but Chat and Choice mods.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Stewart

Re: Error with latest Chat on Windows 2003 IIS

by James Stewart -

I upgraded the entire moodle system to 1.5.4 and the chat feature works pretty good on my Windows 2003 Server running IIS.

Jimmy

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Jimmy, did you get a chance to stress-test the chat on 1.5.4? How did it compare to the 1.5.2 or 1.5.3? Just curious, thanks!

by Johnathan Kemp -

I am running Moodle 1.6 on Apache 2.0.55 and windows 2000, in what is at present a test environment. When I started testing the chat all was fine until I changed the chat settings in the chat module configuration screen.

Chat method is set to normal

chat normal updatemode when set to Normal, all is OK but if I change the setting to Streaming then I get all kinds of fun including

• The error message you report - parent.jsupdate.document.anchors.0href is null etc. when using internet explorer on a machine running windows 2000 (a colleague experienced no problem when using a laptop running XP)
  • Accounts remaining in the chat room after they have logged out of Moodle
  • Locked chat sessions when using Firefox, i.e. a permanent blue data transfer bar and chat sessions not being posted to the screen.

So you might want to check out your chat_normal_updatemode  setting, and then reboot the web server.

I hope this helps if you have not solved the problem by now.

Johnathan