New module: Registration

by Miroslav Fikar -
Number of replies: 74
I have added a new module to Moodle modules and plugins: registration. As our faculty has not yet central information system, we use it to register students for examination within Moodle courses. It is created as activity mod. Its main features are:
  • each student can be registered only on one date within the course
  • the submission for the examination is closed at 00:00 on the day of the examination
  • various constraints can be added - max number of students, max number of points
  • teachers can print different views of list, assign points to results of examination.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miroslav Fikar

Re: New module: Registration

by AP Learn -

Hi,

This module had errors while loading into the databse. basically for the last 5 database Insert Into lines I had to add a '0',  right after the first ( on each line. Then the module installed properly.

Hope it works ok.

Thanks.

by J M -

Hi,

The link to download "registration" seems to be broken.

Thanks!

In reply to J M

by Miroslav Fikar -
This is now fixed - our web server was overheated.

New version (1.2) of registration has been developed:
  • Teacher can register/unregister students directly.
  • If the date is fully occupied, students can sign in to queue and wait if there will be someone that signs out. In that case, the first in the queue will be notified by mail.
Link to download is in the Modules and Plugins database.

by Steve Connor -
Hello -
Great module, we're using it as a corporate professional development tool.

I haven't found the option in the Registration interface to allow the teacher to register/unregister students.  Could you please explain how that works?

Regards,
Steve
In reply to Steve Connor

by Miroslav Fikar -
If a teacher wants to register a student enrolled to course to an examination, he/she uses the Search button(First name or Surname). A small tip: use percent (%) to show all who are not yet registered. A list of students appears and one of them can be selected. Use the Sign in button afterwards.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Marcel Mossel -

We use the module on 1.9.0+ to register for activities like workshops. It worked very well during the test phase. We go online tomorrow.

It would be nice if the use of the wait queue is configurable per examination. In many cases we do not want to provide the possibility to register in a wait queue.

I saw someboy else in this forum who used the choice module. I wil have a look at this module.

In reply to Marcel Mossel

by Marcel Mossel -

Disabling the possibility of registering into a wait queue when the maximum of students has been reached is very easy by the way:

1. Open view.php;
  2. Search for the string $strnotefull approximately at 75% of the document;
  3. Remove the comment characters in the line \\$registrable=false

This will suffice.

Instalation problem

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Hi, Miroslav, I just installed the registration mod. However, when I tried to install the registration tables, the following program errors appear on the computer screen:

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')  
1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Error

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name')  

Error

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name')  

Error

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name')  

Error

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name')  

Error

registration tables could NOT be set up successfully!

Any ideas ?

TIA

Mónico
In reply to Monico Briseño

Re: Instalation problem

by Miroslav Fikar -
Thanks for the report. The INSERT INTO mdl_log_display lines need an additional 0 as noted in discussion above. Please download the newest version, it has been fixed.

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Hi, Miroslav. Thank you. I just installed the newest registration module on moodle 1.6 and it is working fine.  I will to check it out as soon as possible. Because I´m interesting to use in our ESL reading comprehension exams.

I will tell you how it works.

Cheers.

Mónico

by Ronaldo Luis Goncalves -

I have instaled moodle 1.6.2, and i try install registration activity, but when i chose a student do in, the system returns a message "Could not save your choice", after click in sign in, in this activity.

Can you help-me ?

I help you, i send in this message a pt_br(brazilian language) language to this activity.

In reply to Ronaldo Luis Goncalves

by Martin L. -

Hi @ll, I have the same problem with this module. Installation finished successfully, but when I try add some students to define exam date system present only error message "Could not save your choice". Do you have some hint who is possible solve this issue?

FYI: I'm using as web server MS Windows IIS & PHP 4.4.4 & MySQL 5.0.24a.

In reply to Martin L.

by Miroslav Fikar -
I am sorry, we could not reproduce the error and have no idea why it should happen. It must be something specific at your site. Please let us know if you find some more detail.

by Robert Brenstein -
Has anyone tried using this module with Moodle 1.5?
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Miroslav Fikar -
We used the module with the latest Moodle 1.5 until August of this year when our server was upgraded to Moodle 1.6. I still keep older releases of the module in the case of interest.

by Robert Brenstein -
Could you mail it to me or make available otherwise? I'd like to check it out. We currently use the choice module for exam registration; however, it offers no waiting queues and one can't have un-registration deadlines different than registration. Both these features are somewhat critical for us.

by Miroslav Fikar -
I have added a download link to Modules and Plugins: registration that has been tested with latest Moodle 1.5.4+. It has implemented waiting queues. As far as un-registration deadline is concerned, it is currently fixed as midnight before the deadline. But it would be nice to have an opportunity to change it per registration event.

by Robert Brenstein -
Thanks a bunch. I test it this week. Yes, the deadline for unregistration should be user settable. We usually have it 2-3 days before the event, so we have time to secure proper rooms.

I presume that waiting queue is being further processed during unregistration, so students can still switch between alternative exam dates and all available places are filled.

by Miroslav Fikar -
I agree with you about the deadline. Unfortunately, we have not time to implement it at the moment, but we have added it to the to-do list. If midnight is not suitable, you can hack the code for some different date - see view.php and variable $registrable.
The waiting queue is automatically processed. However, be aware that students can register only at one registration (within week/topic). This is a precaution because they used to register almost everywhere and then did not come.

by Robert Brenstein -
Well, I checked it out today. You did a nice job and I like some features, but unfortunately, this module is a bit too restricted for us as it is now. Things like a limit of 100 students per exam (we have up to over 600 students) or the forementioned unregistration date can be hacked. More serious is the restriction of a single registration per topic which prevents students from being able to safely switch between different dates. Also, instead of having to create a new instance of registration for each exam date, I'd rather have all dates within a single instance with all date options in it. But the showstopper for us is that registration does not have automatic start, so it can't be set in advance and left to its own devices.

by Samuel Lundqvist -
In my version (latest) of the registration module, students can register only at one registration, within the COURSE. It doesn't matter if I put the registration in another topic. Why is that?
We have four exam times on the same day -
8.30-10.00 (exam 1), 10.30-12.00 (exam 1), 12.30-14.00 (exam 1), 14.30-16.00 (exam 2).
I don't want students to be able to register on more than one exam time per exam, so it would be accepted to register at 8.30-10.00 and 14.30-16.00, but not
8.30-10.00 and 10.30-12.00. I solved this by a really ugly hack in view.php, but would like a stable solution.

Thanks,
Samuel
In reply to Samuel Lundqvist

by Miroslav Fikar -
Thanks for the report, it should be fixed in the latest version.

by angeline foon -

Hi, the registration module i have now allow a student to register more than 1 exam date in the same course. How can i set it to allow 1 student to 1 registration only?

In reply to angeline foon

by Richard Haywood -
You should find that if the two registrations are in the same topic then they are only allowed to sign up for one.
In reply to Richard Haywood

by angeline foon -

Is there a way I can do to only allow students to sign up only 1 topic across all the courses/topics?

by Miroslav Fikar -
We have upgraded module Registration for Moodle 1.7 so it works with roles. Download is possible from the Modules and Plugins database. Currently it is in beta state, please do not use it in production environment without some testing.
Known bug: list of possible persons to be registered includes course teachers.

by Ronaldo Luis Goncalves -
In moodle 1.7+ version, registration work 90%, but they don´t work when you choose a rating/feedback for your student.
They return a error "course module is incorrect".

How i can fix it ?

by Sven Laudel -
Hi,

i wanted to try your registration module out, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
We have moodle 1.6.4+ we postgresql...
It tries to install but it says:
"Module registration: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/moodle/mod/registration/db/postgres7.php was not readable"
Don't know what this means, is it because we're using postgresql? Does it only work with mysql?

Thanks...
In reply to Sven Laudel

by Miroslav Fikar -
Yes, the module did not contain postgres statements needed at instalation. Downoload the module again, I have added them. Note however, that it is not tested as I have neither access nor exact knowledge of the sql variant of postgress - I have just tweaked mysql instructions in a similar way as in other modules. You can look at registration/db/postgres7.sql - if something goes wrong, you can correct it there and send me the changes.
In reply to Sven Laudel

by David Jackson -
Hi,
We are also running a moodle (1.7) on a posgres database. Installation of the latest version failed due to several syntax errors in the SQL. I don't have the knowledge required to troubleshoot the postgres code. If anyone does find a solution and can post it here I'd be very grateful.
Thanks
David
In reply to David Jackson

by Miroslav Fikar -
Postgres file for the module has been updated. Thanks go to Jonathan Harker.

by Cindy Koeppel -

Mr. Fikar,

I am having trouble with the registration module in Moodle 1.7, can you assist me? 

When I run "admin/cron.php" from my browser, I get the following output:

Server Time: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:36:57 -0800 Starting activity modules

Processing module function
assignment _cron ...done.
chat _cron ...done.
forum _cron ...done.
journal _cron ...done.
wiki _cron ...done.
workshop _cron ...done.
netpublish _cron ...done.
registration _cron ...This SQL relies on obsolete tables! Your code must be fixed by a developer.

The cron report says that processing for the assignment and forum modules is "done" but only forum e-mails are going out.

The registration module seems to be coming from "lib/dmllib.php" and indicates I am  using Moodle 1.7 (which I am). It occurs when there is a reference to one of the following tables:

• user_students
  • user_teachers
  • user_coursecreators
  • user_admins

These tables have been replaced by the "roles" tables from Moodle 1.7. It looks like the registration module needs to be updated to be compatible with Moodle 1.7.  Will your new module do the trick for me to remedy this situation?

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Cindy Koeppel
The Dirksen Congressional Center

In reply to Cindy Koeppel

by Miroslav Fikar -
Dear Cindy,
please upgrade to the latest version of the module that works with Moodle 1.7. It seems that you use a version that worked until Moodle 1.6.
Best,
Miroslav

by AjnabiZ ... -
Hi

Does this module work with Moodle 1.8
In reply to AjnabiZ ...

by Miroslav Fikar -
We have not yet started on work with Moodle 1.8 version - this is expected after semester end here (June/July). From some preliminary tests, it seems to work, but please try the module on a test server first.

by Herbert Thielen -
Hi, just tried to activate this module in Moodle "1.8 +" (2007021503) and got the following warnings:

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')

ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name'), false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')) % line 89, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')) % line 233, file: dmllib.php
modify_database(/var/www/.../Moodle/mod/registration/db/mysql.sql) % line 330, file: adminlib.php
upgrade_activity_modules(http://.../Moodle/admin/index.php) % line 385, file: index.php

ErrorScroll to next warning

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name')

ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name'), false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name')) % line 89, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name')) % line 233, file: dmllib.php
modify_database(/var/www/.../Moodle/mod/registration/db/mysql.sql) % line 330, file: adminlib.php
upgrade_activity_modules(http://.../Moodle/admin/index.php) % line 385, file: index.php

Scroll to previous warningErrorScroll to next warning

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name')

ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name'), false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name')) % line 89, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name')) % line 233, file: dmllib.php

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name')

ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name'), false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name')) % line 89, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name')) % line 233, file: dmllib.php

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name')

ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name'), false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name')) % line 89, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name')) % line 233, file: dmllib.php

Scroll to previous warningErrorScroll to continue button

registration tables could NOT be set up successfully!

I haven't tried yet whether it works nevertheless.

Regards,
Herbert.
In reply to Herbert Thielen

by Herbert Thielen -
The following patch worked for me (using mysql as database), at least in a very small test the module was available and usable.

But I'm not sure whether it's correct, so please check this before using ... !

Best regards, thanks for the module, looks nice!

Herbert.

--- mysql.sql 2007-01-26 21:06:16+01 1.1
+++ mysql.sql 2007-05-18 18:14:17+02
@@ -41,9 +41,9 @@
# --------------------------------------------------------

-INSERT INTO prefix_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name');
-INSERT INTO prefix_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name');
-INSERT INTO prefix_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name');
-INSERT INTO prefix_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name');
-INSERT INTO prefix_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name');
+INSERT INTO prefix_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name');
+INSERT INTO prefix_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name');
+INSERT INTO prefix_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name');
+INSERT INTO prefix_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name');
+INSERT INTO prefix_log_display (module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name');
In reply to Herbert Thielen

by Miroslav Fikar -
Thanks for the patch. I have modified the module correspondingly as I have the same report from another user. I am a bit confused, that 0 in sql statements was introduced last year for the same reason in Moodle 1.6.

Svar: New module: Registration

by Daniel Håkansson -

Hi. is it possible to permanently delete the grading from registration? I would like to use it for registration for other activities than exams, like fieldtrips etc. or if that is not doable is is possible to change the "maximun points" to no grade as standard?

Question number 2, is it possible to increse the maximun number of students beoind 100?

/ Daniel Håkansson

In reply to Daniel Håkansson

Re: Svar: New module: Registration

by Miroslav Fikar -
Dear Daniel,
you can test the newest version of registration (1.3.4). It has a global configuration setting for maximum number of students (100-1000) and default grade is "no grade". If it stays "no grade", grade information is not shown.
Hope it helps.
Miroslav

by arturo gatta -

I can't find nowere the registration 1.3.4 !!! just 1.3

I really need to oversize the number of student to 1000....  and not show grades... Can help me to find this mode ??

Thanks in advance arturo.

In reply to arturo gatta

by Miroslav Fikar -
The latest 1.3 version of registration is 1.3.4 (see the changelog) . So you can download the latest, it has the features you need.
Miroslav

by emanuele della torre -
Dear miroslav, I used the mod registration, and i see that from the apposite panel, you can decide if to allow 1-->1000 student per examination date. But, there is a problem, i see that in the mdl_registration table of the moodle (mysql) DB, the field "number" is set as a "tinyint(2)" !! so i had to change it to smallint(10), if not nothin went well. Now i see that it goes well, but, is this an error ?

by emanuele della torre -
Dear miroslav, I used the mod registration, and i see that from the apposite panel, you can decide if to allow 1-->1000 student per examination date. But, there is a problem, i see that in the mdl_registration table of the moodle (mysql) DB, the field "number" is set as a "tinyint(2)" !! so i had to change it to smallint(10), if not nothin went well. Now i see that it goes well, but, is this an error ?
In reply to emanuele della torre

by Miroslav Fikar -
Dear Emanuelle,
you are correct, it is a bug that becomes visible if the number of students is larger than 255.
Thanks,
Miroslav

by Richard Haywood -
I've made the alterations to the code and it will update existing systems to enable the use of the full 1000 students - if you have any problems then don't hesitate to get in contact.
RH

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hello,

I stumbled across this mod while searching for something to help us make our test registration process more efficient. I was initially quite excited about the mod but now, after installing it on our development site, have a few questions.

1. I notice that the list of registrants is visible to all students. This list includes student names and student numbers (if they are present in the profile). My institution is fairly sensitive about private data and does not want to have a list of students (including student numbers) visible to all the students registering for a test. If the students can see the number of current registrants (so they know if there is space remaining) that should be sufficient. Is it possible to modify this mod so that the list can be hidden from the student role?

2. This one is a bit more complicated..... We are hoping to be able to have students register for a test through our Moodle site in a manner that requires them to input their personal data (name, student number) or have the registration module automatically insert the data and then have a registration form generated that students must print out and bring to the test site with them. This module is currently not written to make this possible but I'm wondering if it is possible to modify it to do something like this or if I should explore using a different mod to do what we would like to do?

I haven't tried yet but I'm thinking it may be possible with the quiz or lesson modules.....or maybe the certificate mod....?

Jason
In reply to Jason Hollowell

by Richard Haywood -
Number 1 is fairly easy and is something that can be put in fairly swiftly.

Number 2, if you wanted an option for students to print out data already in moodle (registration name, registered time, student name etc) then that is easy to sort out for you, if you wanted people to be able to enter additional information then that is a bit trickier and these additional fields could be specific to your institution.

The only way you might get exactly what you want would be either editing some of the code for your own specific needs or a combination of the registration module with some other module.

RH
In reply to Jason Hollowell

by Miroslav Fikar -
Actually, for the first issue - only teacher sees IDs+names. Students see only other IDs. Names can only be seen if IDs are not set. This was coded exactly for reasons of privacy. As far as the whole list of IDs is visible and not only their total - it is the same as gets printed so there are no privacy concerns.
Miroslav

by Jason Hollowell -
Miroslav,

Thank you very much. I didn't realize that only the student numbers show up because we don't have the student number field populated. Our students use their student number as their login username. I'll have to do a quick re-upload of accounts to include the ID number in that field. That will solve the privacy issue. I think I'll have to lock that field down so that students don't edit it but that's not a problem.

The second issue - wanting students to be able to print out information is going to be a little more difficult for me. I experimented with the Certificate mod a little but it isn't really what we need. Our current problem is with registration and payment for standardized tests. The university isn't very cooperative when it comes to handling money and is thus inflexible. Our solution, if we ever figure one out, may simply be achieved through procedural reform external to Moodle. I'll keep exploring ideas in the meantime smile

Thanks again

Jason

by Mariusz Krasinski -
I have tried to install Registration module for Moodle 1.7.2 and I have 5 errors. Do you have any idea what is wrong?

This script generated 5 warnings - Scroll to the first warning
registration
(mysql): CREATE TABLE mdl_registration ( id BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, course BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', description TEXT NOT NULL, number TINYINT(2) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, room VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', timedue BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, timeavailable BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, grade BIGINT(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, timemodified BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, CONSTRAINT PRIMARY KEY (id) )
Gotowe

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_registration COMMENT='Defines registrations'
Gotowe

(mysql): CREATE INDEX mdl_regi_cou_ix ON mdl_registration (course)
Gotowe

(mysql): CREATE TABLE mdl_registration_submissions ( id BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, registration BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, userid BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, timecreated BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, timemodified BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, grade BIGINT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, teacher BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, timemarked BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, mailed TINYINT(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, CONSTRAINT PRIMARY KEY (id) )
Gotowe

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_registration_submissions COMMENT='Info about submitted registrations'
Gotowe

(mysql): CREATE INDEX mdl_regisubm_use_ix ON mdl_registration_submissions (userid)
Gotowe

(mysql): CREATE INDEX mdl_regisubm_mai_ix ON mdl_registration_submissions (mailed)
Gotowe

(mysql): CREATE INDEX mdl_regisubm_tim_ix ON mdl_registration_submissions (timemarked)
Gotowe

(mysql): CREATE INDEX mdl_regisubm_reg_ix ON mdl_registration_submissions (registration)
Gotowe

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')
1062: Powt�rzone wyst?pienie 'registration-view' dla klucza 2
ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name'), false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')) % line 71, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name'), true) % line 1886, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql_arr(Array[14]) % line 548, file: ddllib.php
install_from_xmldb_file(/home/markras/public_html/student/mod/registration/db/install.xml) % line 332, file: adminlib.php
BłądScroll to next warning

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name')
1062: Powt�rzone wyst?pienie 'registration-add' dla klucza 2
ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name'), false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name')) % line 71, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name'), true) % line 1886, file: dmllib.php
install_from_xmldb_file(/home/markras/public_html/student/mod/registration/db/install.xml) % line 332, file: adminlib.php
Scroll to previous warningBłądScroll to next warning

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name')
1062: Powt�rzone wyst?pienie 'registration-update' dla klucza 2
ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name'), false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name')) % line 71, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name'), true) % line 1886, file: dmllib.php

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name')
1062: Powt�rzone wyst?pienie 'registration-view submission' dla klucza 2
ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name'), false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name')) % line 71, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name'), true) % line 1886, file: dmllib.php

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name')
1062: Powt�rzone wyst?pienie 'registration-upload' dla klucza 2
ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name'), false) % line 889, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name')) % line 71, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(INSERT INTO mdl_log_display(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name'), true) % line 1886, file: dmllib.php
Scroll to previous warningBłądScroll to continue button
In reply to Mariusz Krasinski

by Miroslav Fikar -
Dear Mariusz,

I think it is caused by the old problem in mdl_log statements with/without zero. See previous posts in this thread.

Try to delete all registration tables from the database and modify the registration/db/install.xml file from:
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name')" />

to (add zero):

<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name')" />

and maybe the same in db/mysql.sql. I hope it will help, but I could not test it.
Miroslav

by Mariusz Krasinski -
There were sill problems despite of "zero" existence or not. But finally I have upgraded Moodle to 1.8.3 and "registration" installation was without problems.

by Timothy Kane -

I tried the method above but I still get an error.

This script generated 1 warning - Scroll to the first warning

registration

Errors found in XMLDB file: Problem loading statement insert log_display, Incorrect number of fields (module, action, mtable, field) or values (0, 'registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')Scroll to continue button
In reply to Timothy Kane

by Richard Haywood -
Can you post the file registration\db\install.xml ?
The file should have the line -

<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES ('registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')" />

However, yours appears to have a 0 appear in it.
RH

by Timothy Kane -
Thanks Richard,
I got it to work. This is what I had to do.

I changed the xml page to:

<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (,'registration', 'view', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'add', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'update', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'view submission', 'registration', 'name')" />
<SENTENCE TEXT="(module, action, mtable, field) VALUES (0,'registration', 'upload', 'registration', 'name')" />

I delete the mysql databases

mdl_registration

mdl_registration_submissions

I then went into the mysql database
mdl_log_display
and removed all the
registration tables

The I ran the admin/index/ again

Every thing works like a charm. I hope this helps out anyone else having problems. Thanks again for the help. This is a critical plug for my online class. Durring final exams I have video conferencing and can only have a limited amount of people for each exam.

Tim
NvABC

In reply to Timothy Kane

by Peter Diedrichs -
All works fine, but I don't get the icon anywhere.
The link just shows the registration name.
In the Events block it says due instead of showing the icon.
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

by Peter Diedrichs -
I solved it, the file icon.gif should be copied into theme/yourtheme/pix/mod/registration/icon.gif
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

by Peter Diedrichs -
Works quite good, but: everyone can read everyones feedback from the teacher (not the grade, though). Is that a bug?

Registration module - new maintainer

by Miroslav Fikar -
I would like to announce that the new maintainer of the Registration module is Richard Haywood (see this post for reasons).

server brocken, post the log

by arturo gatta -
27-gen-2008 22:43:20] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: forum in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SOGE\infosoge\mod\registration\view.php on line 58

[27-gen-2008 22:43:20] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SOGE\infosoge\mod\registration\view.php on line 58

[27-gen-2008 22:43:20] PHP Notice:  Undefined property:  stdClass::$data in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SOGE\infosoge\mod\registration\view.php on line 214

please can you tell me what error is ?

Sign in many students at once?

by Timo V -
Is it possible to modify this great module to allow signing in many students at once? Now, if my teacher wants to add 5 students to an exam, the teacher has to press the "sign in" -radiobutton and submit the action and search the student list over and over again. This could be easily solved if the list where you sign in students would use checkboxes instead of radiobuttons..

by Marcel Mossel -

We have succesfully used the registration module in a case where 500 students needed to register for 4 workshops from a list of 35 workshops, with a total of 2000 registrations. Below some additional functional requests from the teachers:

1. Teachers may remove a registration from the list. The teachers would also like to be able to add students;
  2. Teachers would like to be able to export the entire list of registrations for further analysis and resorting, for example sorted on class first and then last name.

I solved request 2 by exporting 3 MySQL tables to Excel (you find this in Moodle under Server - Database):

1. mdl_user
  2. mdl_registration
  3. mdl_registration_submissions 

With the function VERT.SEARCH in Excel (the function name varies with language) we combined the information in the above mentioned tables to a single table with all the neccessary information. Key fields for the function were NumberID, User_id and Registration_id. For example (Ci = user_id in a specific registration):

= VERT.SEARCH(Ci, user!$A$1:user!$F$500, 7)

This function searches the spreadsheet containing the users for the same user_id and takes the last name from column 7 in that row.

Make sure the key field that is searched for is in the first column of the spreadsheet and that it is a numerical value. We could not get it working otherwise.

We used the same method to compare the registration database with the official student database to find out which students did not register:

= VERT.SEARCH(Ci, user!$A$1:user!$F$500, 7, untrue)

Changing data on php

by Timothy Kane -
When you add the registration mod to a web page it says "Examination Date" then there is the clickable link (I can use the the clickable link to convey any information).

Does anyone know how to change the words "Examination Date" to something else or completely remove it? I do not know too much about php and a little about MySQL.
Thanks

Tim

In reply to Timothy Kane

Re: Changing data on php

by Mike Smith -
Hi Tim,

Did you have any luck with changing the text on the clickable link for "examination date?"

Regards,
Mikey
In reply to Timothy Kane

by Mike Smith -
Hi Tim,

Cancel the previous message.

Go to mod/registration/lang/en_utf8/registration.php and edit the two "examination date" entires (one is for the singular, one is for plural) and make them whatever you want them to be.

Copy this file to the /lang/en_utf8 folder and you're sweet!

Regards,
Mikey
In reply to Mike Smith

by Pascal Maury -
Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks for the module !

Module is working with Moodle 1.9.8
No problem when installing.
Do not forget to copy the icon.gif in the theme folder (/theme/xxx/pix/mod/registration) to avoid bug in calendar display.

I translated it in French BUT I did not see all the sentences in their context so I still have doubts in some translations (I have written "(trad?)" next to them). See attached file. If you improve the translations, please tell me ! (pmaury -a-t- u-paris10.fr)

I also modified the view.php et print.php files (Look for "[PASCAL Univ. Paris Ouest]" in the code line) :
- to use student's login as student's idnumber
- to display a message when subscribing or unsubscribing
- to change the student's display list (to display login and firstname name)

There is also a bug. In the file lang/fr_utf8/registration.php; if you write a word with a ' for the string['answer'], the module will not subscribe or unsubscribe the student.
Exemple : $string['answer'] = "S'inscrire";

I think the problem comes from the lines 417 and 420 :
$table1->data[] = array ("", "", "<input type='submit' name='answer' value='".$stranswer."'>");

I tried using a \' but the bug is still present.

Regards,
Pascal

In reply to Pascal Maury

by Pascal Maury -
Module is working with Moodle 1.9.9

I improved the translation a little but I still have doubts.

I changed my fixes :
- I do not use anymore student's login as student's idnumber SO I use the original print.php file
- I still display a message when subscribing or unsubscribing (view.php file, look for "[PASCAL Univ. Paris Ouest]" )
- I still change the student's display list (to display login and firstname name; view.php file, look for "[PASCAL Univ. Paris Ouest]" )

Bugs & Fixs :
The previous bug is still there.

NEW bug/warning : if you change the date for a registration that already happened, there is no updated in the calendar.

NEW fix : I updated the reset functions for Moodle 1.9 (lib.php) based on the documentation http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Implementing_Reset_course_functionality_in_a_module

NEW thing to fix : Into a course, it seems that a student can not subscribe in 2 registrations at the same time .. ?

Regards,
Pascal
In reply to Pascal Maury

by roger rajah -

Can someone kindly help me please...

I need to use this registration plugin for my University project for Career Guidance Unit. I wish to register undergraduates for workshops through the website.

I have alreay started my project using 1.9.9+ version.When I tried to install this plugin it does not seem to work.

Is there anyway I can use this module with 1.9.9+ or is there another component which can do the same job.  Please advice.

Thank you.

In reply to roger rajah

by Pascal Maury -

Hi Roger Rajah,

You have to tell us more than "it does not seem to work" ! Why do you say that ?

Did you follow the installation step ? (copy the folder then connect on http://your_moodle_site.com/admin/index.php to lauch the database setup)

We stopped using this mod because of the bugs I listed, but this mod was working with Moodle 1.9.9.

In reply to Pascal Maury

by Miroslav Fikar -

Pascal,

thanks for implementing reset function for the registration module.

I have looked at your list of bugs and fixed the one with french strings as well as few others. The newest version can be found at the usual place.

The module works with newest Moodle 1.9+, but there are some issues: comments are not taken into account, grades are not transfered to gradebook.

I would be very glad if there is somebody who could take care of further development of the module, especially for M2.0.

Regards,

Miroslav

by Raimund E -

I'd like to second Miroslav's request: it would we so great to be able to use this module in our Moodle 2 installation!

regards

Raimund