Creating a new theme

Creating a new theme

by Nitin Parmar -
Number of replies: 4

I've taken the brave step of attempting to create a new theme for a Moodle installation I am currently working on! However, I'm a little stuck mixed

I'm using the StandardWhite theme as my guide. Therefore, I have copied the standardwhite theme folder and then pasted it in the Moodle theme folder calling it newcollege. I have then created a new CSS file, called newco.css, and placed it in that directory. I've made a couple of changes in the footer.html file, adding some HTML tags which have some 'class='-type CSS properties within them.

Unfortunately, I feel like I've hit a brick wall. The CSS styles defined in my newco.css file are not being picked up. I've looked at the line

$THEME->sheets = array('gradients','newco');

in the config.php file and I think that I've changed/configured it correctly. I've also consulted the MoodleDocs documentation but that doesn't seem to be shedding any light on my predicament.

I hope someone can help big grin Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nitin Parmar

Re: Creating a new theme

by Nitin Parmar -

As sad as this is, I'm going to reply to my own post... and solve the problem!

I read came across Urs Hunkler's post on the Adding Logo thread -- basically my problem was one to do with clearing the cache.

Problem solved!

In reply to Nitin Parmar

by Chris Lamb -

As sad as this is, I'm going to reply to my own post... and solve the problem!

Nothing sad about it!  smile  It's always worth posting the answer to a problem, even if you found it for yourself, because it may helps someone else in the same situation.  This is especially true because someone may search these forums in the future with the same problem, and it could help them to know what the answer was.

Chris

In reply to Chris Lamb

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Also, please feel free to contribute to Moodle Docs, adding any information/explanation that you have found helpful. smile
In reply to Helen Foster

by Nitin Parmar -
Just revisted this post, Helen. I'm off on holiday tomorrow, but I'll post something on Moodle Docs on my return. MoodleMoot 06 has really motivated me!