General add-ons

Picture of w kebo
How to install Moodle plugins?

Help! How to install Moodle plugins? I don't know which folder to install

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Peter Sereinigg
Re: How to install Moodle plugins?

Depends of the modul.

Normaly copy the modul direct into /mod/....
It will be installed automaticly with the next login. All sql-tabels will be written and updated.
But there are blocks, themes,  .... which need different directories.

This should be in a readme file in each modul.

TAKE CARE not to install an incompatible version (to old/to new) - this will CRASH your system.

A Backup before may be a good choice - if you are not used in moodle installations.

Peter

Picture of w kebo

Thank you ! I 'm succeed!

I installed the "Analog Clock Block" ,But how to change its name displayed on my homepage ?

Wkebo

Picture of Jan Dierckx

I don't know which version was uploaded to the Moodle plugin database and it seems I can't add a more recent version. mixed

The latest version has a configuration screen with which you can change the appearance of the clock and include an optional title or footer text. (see screenshot)

Latest version is in the Blocks for Moodle 1.5 section of this page

Picture of michael baragwnath

Hi Wonder if anyone could help me with the plugins. I have download slideshow, flash (unzip to moodle\mod), wikipedia (unzip to moodle\blocks) and SQL admin (unzip to admin) but when I login to our moodle website, I couldnt find any of these plugins. Wonder if there is any process I need to do before handed?

Picture of Stefan Ramaker

Hi Michael,

normaly you go to the Link Notifications in the admin panel. Then Moodle starts to install these mods and blocks. After this you should be able to see the plugins under Modules.

Greets

Stefan

Picture of viresh Barahanpur

Its Depends on which plugin u r installing.

Picture of Chad Williams

Please help,

I am new at this and just loaded a site with 2.2.6 moodle. I am trying to load the flexpage plugin into the install. The install went smoothly but after loading the flexpage plugin into the site I am getting error messages stating that it needs "To be installed".

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I would definitly appreciate the help.

The following places are providing errors:

pluginname,block_flexpage     / blocks/flexpage     extension   New Version: 2011062802

Flexpage format       /course/format/flexpage       extension    New Version: 2011062802

pluginname,theme_flexpage     /theme/flexpage      extension     New Version: 2011062802

pluginname,local_flexpage    /local/flexpage     extension    New Version: 2011062802

all of the avove provide the same error message stateing it requires:

• block_flexpagenav (2011091602)
  • block_flexpagemod (2011050600)
  • theme_flexpage (2012062800)
  • local_mr (2010090200)

Thank you in advance for your help,

Chad

Picture of Ken Task
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

On the download page there were instructions on how to install:

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Flexpage#Installation

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Picture of vaishali kulkarni

As per my experience in using moodle, The Flex is compatible with your moodle version. but the latest version of flex plugin is also avaliable.

Let me know if this helps to you..

Picture of Richard Oelmann
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Chad,

I don't think you are seeing errors - i think what you are seeing is the notification page telling you to complete the install of the plugins.

At the bottom of the page there should be a button to click - i can't remember what it says at the moment. If you click that then moodle will run through the process of adding those plugins and any database tables needed and they should work fine.

HTH

Richard

Picture of Chad Williams

Thanks Richard, All I see is a reload button that continues to bring up the same page.

Picture of Allison Carter

Hello Richard - I've just been having a similar problem trying to add the Booking module and also the Facetoface module.  They show up on the notifications page saying 'to be installed', but there is no button of any description at the bottom of the page, so can't see what else to do.

It's a brand new installation of moodle which I got installed automatically with a Freehostia hosting account.  It's version 2.2+ and a screen shot of the problem is below and any help you can give would be really appreciated, thanks Allison:

Davo
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Have you unzipped each of the plugins that are required:

/blocks/flexpagenav
/blocks/flexpagemod
/theme/flexpage
/local/mr

If any of those are missing, then that would explain the error message that states that all of them are required.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)