Let me restate the issue.
My students upload their assignments through the assignment module. Those assignments are placed in a directory above the htdocs directory for security.
For months I have had no problem accessing the data in that folder. Now, when I go to the grade book to view the files and grade them I get a file cannot be found. The files are there because I looked, via FTP, to see if they were getting uploaded; they are.
I HAD not changed anything, but now I have attempted the following procedures:
1) Moved the moodledata folder into the htdocs folder and changed the config to match. No good.
2) Changed the .htaccess for the Apache 2.0 fix. No good.
3) changed the config back and set the permissions of the moodledata folder ABOVE the htdocs folder to 755. No good.
4) I have tried the moodledata folder in the htdocs folder and pointed config there. No good.
5) The 'deny all' in the .htaccess of datafolder didn't work either.
Obviously, I did not do all of these things in that order, but I am out of the options I have researched. I looked at the dbase and did a repair on all the folders and everything was fine with the database.
Bottom line is my students are able to upload and I can't see the product!! I'm very anxious right now because my entire curriculum for this semester is tied up in Moodle for the first time and I am not able to get it fixed.
Can ANYONE help? Martin?