Archiving Forum topics

Archiving Forum topics

by Benjamin Daugherty -
Number of replies: 3
I am wondering if there is any way to organize forum topics into archived folders for people to view.  We are currently using the social format for a department that will have a variety of topics discussed.  They want to be able to clear off the main page after so many discussions but keep them in archive for review.  Is this possible?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Benjamin Daugherty

Re: Archiving Forum topics

by Charlie Wilson -
What i would do is backup all the forum material for that course then restore it in a new class in a persay archive section of the site.

If you need me to explain that further let me know.
In reply to Charlie Wilson

by Benjamin Daugherty -

I will try that.  Now I just have to figure out how to back up just the forum and restore it.  I'm sure it isn't hard, just have yet to do it  Thanks!

In reply to Benjamin Daugherty

by Charlie Wilson -
Under the admin block for that course there should be a link that says "backup" when you click that link it will automatically want to back EVERYTHING up but you can deselect everything except the fourms. this will create a zip file that you can then download then upload back into the archive course. you will then need to restore it this is done by left click the restore link to the right of the file name. it will ask you a bunch of stuff make sure all the settings are good and then poof all the forums will be in that course. you can then move them around and organize them however you would like.

If you need any more help drop me an email at charles_wilson78@eku.edu