Using different icon sets in the same Moodle installation

Using different icon sets in the same Moodle installation

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 2
Does anybody have instructions on how to use a specific icon set tied only to specific themes? I've checked the Moodle documentation (Alternate icon set) but this section seems to be indicated for those who want to change the icon set altogether. What I want to do is to use different icon sets for different themes.

Can anybody tell me how to do this? Thanks very much in advance.

Josep M.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Using different icon sets in the same Moodle installation

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
See the theme config.php for this:

$THEME->custompix = true;

Then you need to make a whole tree of icons in a pix subdirectory of the theme.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Using different icon sets in the same Moodle installation

by Josep M. Fontana -
OK, that did it. Thank you very much.

As I said, I had looked at the 'Alternate icon set' in MoodleDocs, but I was a little confused.

Only after reading Martin's post, I realized that at the end of the article it says: "Your pix folder will look like the example below, probably with some more theme-specific pictures included:" and then we have:
yourtheme/
-- pix/
Which is exactly what Martin was referring to.

I've taken the liberty of editing the relevant MoodleDocs section to try to make this a bit more clear for other people that could be in the same situation in the future. The maintainers of this section, please have a look to see if I have succeeded in my attempt. All I have done is to insert Martin's instructions to me in the following way:

In order to use an alternate icon set associated to a specific theme, you also need to create a whole tree of icons in the pix subdirectory of the theme. Your pix folder will look like the example below, probably with some more theme-specific pictures included:

Josep M.