I have created a language pack for hindi

I have created a language pack for hindi

by jitendra patil -
Number of replies: 4
Hi i have created a language pack in hindi.But i can already see another one there so what shud i do?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to jitendra patil

Re: I have created a language pack for hindi

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi jitendra.

Did you want to do just some small customizations? If so, use *_local version of language pack.

d.

by Vijay Reddy -

Hi Jitendra,

It sounds great! How did you do it? Is it easy to do for other Indian Languages, fo example, Telugu?

What's the starting point and what resources (software, etc.) are required?

Are there any Courses in Hindi that are published?

Thanks,

Vijay

by Jamie Pratt -
Great to see that people are working on hindi language packs!

Maybe you could merge your translation with the already existing translation Jitendra adding strings to the existing translation and replacing translations where you think your translation is better. How much of the lang pack have you translated?

Moodle 1.6 is now all unicode (utf-8) so it would be best to use utf-8 character sets and fonts. Did you use unicode Jitendra?

If you don't have time to merge your translation maybe just post your translation here as a zip attachment with notes about what char set and fonts are required. That way someone else can continue your translation efforts.

Jamie
In reply to Jamie Pratt

by mahesh patil -
How to use unicode to install Hindi language pack ? I have installed Moodle1.8 pack......Please suggest me how to install unicode in that....because it display some words are in Hinid but most of word are in english...i want totally moodle is in Hindi language...please suggest which version i have to use ? moodle1.6 or moodle 1.8 ?