Is it possible to see all assignments of different modules?

Is it possible to see all assignments of different modules?

by Lauran de Bever -
Number of replies: 3
Is there a way to see all assignments of all courses in a course categorie?
I have only 1 teacher, so it is easier for him, to have an overview of all assignments.
Is this possible, is it allready made, or how can it be made?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lauran de Bever

Re: Is it possible to see all assignments of different modules?

by Tom Murdock -
Hi Lauran,

Can you describe more about what you'd like to see?

Do you want the assignments to be somehow extracted from the courses and listed on a page?  I haven't heard anybody whispering about that kind of idea before. 

It might be a reach, but you could search the forums for the calendar integration stuff.  I imagine that if the calendars allowed for layers, then you could somehow grab the assignments from the courses and have them layer onto a calendar... (this is a wild guess, but I'm trying to visualize your scenario). Note that the calendar integration stuff is not in the main Moodle distribution, which means it is not supported as much as the other code.  But the guys working on it are really responsive and would help if you needed it.

best,
Tom
In reply to Tom Murdock

by Lauran de Bever -

I want that ateacher can see an overview of all assignments of all students in 1 page, indepent of a course. It makes it much easier for the teacher to see, what is done

In reply to Lauran de Bever

by Gustav W Delius -

Moodle currently keeps all information about a particular course local to that course. However there are plans to extend the information that is available on the Moodle homepage after login. This information is created by the function print_my_moodle. Perhaps one of the things that MyMoodle will do in the future if the user is a teacher is display all the assignments in his courses.

I imagine that many people have good ideas of what should go on the MyMoodle page. Perhaps it should be realized with a plugin architecture. Then volunteers could start producing plugins doing various things. Displaying assignments the way you want could be one plugin.

Other solutions are possible. What we have done in York is that we have extended the student profile page (created by cvs:/moodle/user/view.php) so that teachers can see all the assignments and grades of the student in all the courses in which that student is enrolled.