Latest version of hotpot - errors with marking block

Latest version of hotpot - errors with marking block

by Nikki Macfarlane -
Number of replies: 2
I have just installed the latest hotpot module - great reporting, much improved! Unfortunately it is causing errors with my marking block.

When an administrator or teacher clicks on an assignment in the marking block, they should be taken to a page where it shows all the assignments that have been submitted and are unmarked. Unfortunately it is giving the following error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/webadmin/childbirthinternational.com/html/moodle/blocks/marking/assign.marking.html on line 137

This was working perfectly until I installed the files in the mod/hotpot directory - about halfway through these files being installed, the marking block link started going wrong. Any ideas? The error occurs when this page is called from the marking block:

http://www.childbirthinternational.com/moodle/blocks/marking/marking.php?id=2&group=0&mid=720

Nikki Macfarlane
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikki Macfarlane

Re: Latest version of hotpot - errors with marking block

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I must confess I don't use the marking block and I don't know much about it.

Where are talking about this following block, right?

I downloaded the Marking block and had a look at the assign.marking.html file, but it doesn't have a "foreach" loop at line 137. There are other "foreach" loops in the file, but I am not sure which one is causing the error, so it is a bit hard to investigate.

Also, I was a bit confused when you said:
about halfway through these files being installed, the marking block link started going wrong.

I don't see how you can check the marking block link when you are "halfway through" installing the HotPot module. Once you have visited the "admin/index.php" page and the HotPot tables are updated, the HotPot installation is complete, isn't it?

The only "idea" I have is to check that you have the most recent "marking" block installed. (http://download.moodle.org/download.php/modules/block_marking.zip) Maybe the error will go away, but at least we should get a line number which matches the line numbers in the file I downloaded.

cheers
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Latest version of hotpot - errors with marking block

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi again Nikki,
thanks for allowing me access to your server, so I could investigate the error messages.

I fixed up the "assign.marking.html" file in the marking block, and the error messages have gone.

In due course, I will report these fixes to the maintainers of the marking block - although at the moment, I am not quite sure where to make contact with them sad

best regards
Gordon

P.S. Please could you remove me as a teacher from your course now. Thanks!