Excel to GIFT: GIFT_maker

Excel to GIFT: GIFT_maker

by Timothy Takemoto -
Number of replies: 62

Based on an idea by Olga Forlani elucidated by A.T Wyatt, here is the GIFT_maker, an excel file to make GIFT format questions.

Just type in the the questions and answers into the columns If you don't type a "question name" it will default to the question itself (as does the GIFT parser) Optional generic feed back is added to each answer The generic feedback can be changed The correct answer is placed in a random position (of a,b,c,d) The question and answer are on a seperate line in the GIFT file, making it easier to add custom feedback later. Just press the "make GIFT" button to make the file. You will be prompted for the file name.

Screenshot
gift maker

It comes with a demo quiz about "Martin, the man who started Moodle". (Don't look before you press "Make Gift" and import to your Moodle. )

When opening the file you must say yes activate the macros.  The macro is just an adaptation of Chip Pearson's ExportToTextFile.

You will still need to convert to utf-8 if you are using any non ascii characters and moodle 1.6 or above. A free utf-9 editor is unired.

Now or very soon it will also be downloadable from here
http://tekisuto.com

Things to do
Add optional feedback columns
Add optional inanswer feedback after the usual "#"
Add option to have more than one right answer.

I have also taken the liberty of pushing the *.gft file extension, which is just a text file under another name.  You can change it to *.txt and I will add that as an option as soo as I work out how.

I know that the boss does not much approve of *.gft, but I use it to distinguish between other files, it is common for text files to be given other names, I associate a multi-encoding editor with it (especially on other people's computers where I don't want to associate .txt files), and maybe one day we will be able to search the Internet for filetype:gft and come up with lots of interesting tests.

Tim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

Re: Excel to GIFT: GIFT_maker

by Timothy Takemoto -
Ach! It does not work. There seems to be a limit on the size of a cell or string.
I will try again.

by Timothy Takemoto -
The GIFT_maker works this time!

There is a limit on the size of the visual basic function Print to 1024 characters. I am using Concatenate to concatenate the whole file to cell C1 (it can be copied from there too) but and the macro could not print it to the file al in one go. The macro now uses a for next loop to print out each of the questions one by one. 

Tim

by Timothy Takemoto -

Now with a Clear Questions button. with clear button

To be honest, feedback is not a priority for me since I use Japanese in the feedback and I think that there may be problems with the encoding.

But here is how I often write questions...

By splitting both the question and the answer into subject and predicate and then arranging them.
How do you spell the surname of
How do you spell the name of
What is the spelling of the family name of

the man who started Moodle.
the man who wrote the bulk of the Moodle code.
Martin, the moodler.
(That is nine questions)

In the answers I do not write trick answers with incorrect subjects but use a variety
It is
It is spelt
The spelling is

I vary the predicate/second part of the sentence to make correct or incorrect using GIFT notation.

=Dougiamas
=D O U G I A M A S

~Dougamias
~Dougiamias
~Dogiamias
~D O G I A M A S

There are quite a lot of permutations. It would be nice to have gift_maker make them for me.

Tim

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Imelda Sapawi -

Hi Tim,

Tried importing questions using the GIFT format...It works!! smile However I was trying to figure out...how to add "extra columns" if you additional "Options" for the Wrong answer (instead of 4 options there are 5 options)...tried inserting a new column in between the Wrong answers column...and click on the "Make GIFT file" button and import it...but there was an error..."No file was found...", not too sure if I have done correctly for the Excel file in the first place.

As for Matching....I noticed that the Question instructions is generic..but what if I have different Questions instructions for different questions...how would I do that?

by Art Lader -
Very nice, Tim. I tried it out and found it easy to use. smile

I will use this a lot over the summer break, I can assure you.

Thanks,
Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Timothy Takemoto -
Dear Art
Great!
Let me know if there is any functionality you need.
Tim

by Art Lader -
Well... Maybe this is a good time to let you know that your blog at http://nihonbunka.blogspot.com/ is a resource one of my courses. You are really a terrific observer of culture, Tim, and this is something I want my students to learn.

The blog is blocked at school (the entire blogspot.com domain is blocked), but the students can get to it from home.

Hope that is okay with you!

-- Art

by Vincent Short -
Hi

am i doing something wrong

i download the GIFT_maker and when i ran it i got

any ideas

Thanks Vinny

giftmaker's funny thing

by Shail Jai -

hi tim,

i m using ur giftmakerv2 version....

no doubt this is great tool but i have some problm with this..

for example if i go with 1) click on clear Questions button. Than copy and past new question answer with 4 option of answer than.. this only take only 1 answer ( without closing " } " bracket) 

“ Plz try this data for example “

1. The project is in the planning process group when three stakeholders come to the
project manager asking for information on the company’s new project management
methodology, where it came from and why it is different from how they manage
projects. These stakeholders are also friends of the project manager and the entire
group has worked together for years. The project is using some new terms like
“corrective action” that are making some stakeholders nervous as they are unsure if
the way the project will be managed is going to change along with new terms. What
should the project manager do?
A. Advise the stakeholders that he will keep them in the communication loop for
the project.
B. Supply a list of new terms and their definitions.
C. Notify the project management office.
D. Make sure he maintains his authority as the project manager even though they
are friends.

Now all funny thing going to happen.. plz check it.

by Timothy Takemoto -

Now with

• an extra sheet with feedback columns
  • the option of putting feedback into the answers on either sheet, preceded by a #

Downloadable from

Tim

by Olga Forlani -

Very good work!

Olga

In reply to Olga Forlani

by Timothy Takemoto -
Thank you. Thank you very much for the idea. 

I got quite into it. I will be using it myself, because I was always forgetting to add the occasional {,#,~or=. I especially forget to leave a blank line between qutestions, and the # before feedback which is a real give away.

The encoding issue is a bit of a pain - excel does not do utf-8 but it is not difficult to reencode. I found that there is no problem with writing Japanese feedback, opening it in a multi-encoding editor and then resaving in unicode. A drag, but perhaps less of a drag than writing the whole thing in the text editor.

If anyone has any requests please let me know.

Tim

by Glenn Ansley -
This is a great tool. Two questions:
  1. Does it work with matching if I just delete the wrong answers?
  2. Is there a way to change the font in the question column (for foreign language vocab?) or is this something that doesn't work with GIFT anyway?
Thank you so much!
In reply to Glenn Ansley

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Glenn

1. Matching questions are different. I have made another sheet for matching questions. It is also very rough and ready...

2. Yes, it is okay to change the font. You may need to go to tools>protection>"remove worksheet protection" first.

However excel does not produce utf-8 (and that is the problem of using excel) so you will have to open the file with unired or another multi-encoding editor and save to utf-8. If you are successfully creating questions at the moment then you should be able to use that editor.

Tim

by Angelika Bodein -
Hi Tim,

thank you for this tool.

What about the option to have more than one right answer? It would be great to import this type of questions too.

Angelika
In reply to Angelika Bodein

by Timothy Takemoto -

Hello Angelika

My pleasure.

I have added a check box next to the correct answer, which if checked (the default) will make that answer the only correct answer (with a "=" in the GIFT file). If you uncheck it then all the answers will be correct answers (preceeded with a "~" in the GIFT file).

Buts:
1) You still need to add the grade for each answer at the beginning of the answer columns, surrounded by percent signs, like this: "%25% or "%-50%
    Do you need extra columns for these percentages? This will mean another sheet I guess.
2) The default feedback ("Correct", "no", "no", "no") becomes inappropriate. 
    Should the default feedback just be ignored? Should it be set to another default?

Downloadable from

Tim

by Dennis Daniels -
Very exciting! Can't wait to turn this loose on my students! We've a big final coming up... now they can write it! smile

Tim! This is very cool!

Dennis
In reply to Dennis Daniels

by Timothy Takemoto -

> now they can write it!
Good idea. Now why don't I do that?

Let me know if you want any new functionality.

Tim

Re: Excel to GIFT: GIFT_maker__

by Dennis Daniels -
Hi Tim!

I'm so excited! I assigned a reading and then had them create questions about their reading. My students then created questions using your XLS as an assignment. They turned them in via the assignment module. I downloaded and reviewed the question and then uploaded them. In one hour I graded most of the work and increased my db of questions by 100 good questions in one day! The trick to keep in my mind is to assign four or five different pages of related reading so you don't get the same question over and over...

The export borked at at 375+ but I've 550+ computing questions now(using 1.7 dev)!

Have your students create questions for your class and listen to their conversations afterwards... it's so satisfying to hear the students asking challenging questions of each other and expecting their peers to know! (These are high school students in a low-moderate level performing school.)

You can download the questions here:
http://moodle.org/mod/glossary/view.php?id=2741&sortkey=CREATION&sortorder=desc&mode=date

Thanks Timothy!

p.s.
Moodle could really use a module/ interface for submitting questions...

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=46084
and
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=43219
In reply to Dennis Daniels

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Dennis,

I am really pleased to hear that some use was made of this.

I have 1000+ questions in several courses, and I hate making questions, and I would really like to see students make questions, but I fear that my students questions might need quite a lot of honing in the English field. However, however, I think that this is a superb idea for my content classes. I will get them all writing questions about cultural psychology.

I plan to have split the questions and answers into subject predicate parts and make permuations, one day.

Remember to let me know if you need anything else.

Tim

by Dennis Daniels -
Watching my students create questions it occurred to me that they are pulling their materials from everywhere...
*a column for URLs that would catenated into the question text itself
(Ex: After reading this [cat:URL] what is the best response for this question?)
* a column that could support image embedding... again catenated so that it can be imported as GIFT.

And short answer questions would be very cool!

I'm playing with the database module but it unfortunately doesn't have an "easy export" yet so I'm relying heavily on your great XLS!

Thanks so much for considering my suggestion, Timothy!

by Shail Jai -

Hi tim

I know this is great tool but can you explain how could I change 100 question to 1000 question in giftmaker2

Thnx

Shailesh jaiswar

by Kristina Schneider -
Hi Tim,

This GIFT Maker looks excellent. I'm only now starting to look at it. I have a similar concern in that this set up is very much for single choice questions (that is where there is only one single correct answer -- often referred to as multiple choice in error) and I have a great deal of multiple choice questions to program (where there is more then one correct answer).

Seeing as though this whole GIFT process is new to me, I'm not sure I understand the adjustments I need to make to the existing gift_maker.xls in order to make this work.

Thanks for all your efforts and help so far!
Kristina
In reply to Kristina Schneider

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Kristina,

> ... single choice questions (that is where there is only one single correct answer -- often referred to as multiple choice in error)

You are quite right that one must clarify one's terminology. However, "multiple choice" seems to be the set phrase for this type of question/quiz. According to the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English:

a multiple choice examination or question shows several possible answers, and you have to choose the correct one

Hot Potatoes has a multiple-select option which corresponds to what you are talking about. So I suggest we adopt the HP terminology and consider 2 types of questions (or 1 type with 2 sub-types):

• multiple-choice with single-select (the most common case, called for short just multiple-choice);
  • mutliple-choice with multiple-select (which we might call multiple-select for short).

Hope that helps,smile

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Kristina Schneider -
Actually your contribution is excellent for the semantical debate.

However, my question was a technical one regarding GIFT Maker.

Thanks!

Kristina
In reply to Kristina Schneider

by Timothy Takemoto -

I am afraid my server is down at the moment and I do not seem to have the latest verison of GIFT_maker on the computer I have here at work, but I think that it did and does cope with multiple correct answers, as far as I am aware. I will find it and post it soon.

by Olivier DETRY -

Timothy,

Great tool ! Thanks a lot ! It will save me a lot of time.

Olivier

In reply to Olivier DETRY

by Devyani Vinchurkar -
Hi Tim,

In current gift maker, we need to enter correct answer in first column only. Is it possible to modify it so that correct answer can be entered in any out of 4 column ? And next column tells which is the correct answer (1/2/3/4 which is cell number.)
I have a database of 7000+ questions in excel sheet and pasting correct answer for each question in first cell is quite a tedious task.
Thank you
Devyani

In reply to Devyani Vinchurkar

by Rob Monk -

What is the topic for the questions? I'd love a copy of your db.

Writing questions is so time consuming.

A priority for our Moodle community needs to be setting up a method of sharing our modules, quizzes and lessons.

In reply to Rob Monk

by Dennis Daniels -
------Writing questions is so time consuming.-------
Yes! A module that allows students to submit questions on answers for teacher approval to add to the quiz database is a must, IMHO.

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Devyani

As I mentioned in private mail, while the correct answer is always in the first column, the they will be randomised in the GIFT file. But this does not help you with your copy and paste problem.

It would not take long to change it to add the extra columns, and I will get to it eventually but I am a bit busier these days.

What are the 7000 questions about?

Tim

by Devyani Vinchurkar -
Hi Tim,

This database of 7000+ questions is for online preparation for post graduate medical entrance examination.
Actually original database is in Ms Access and i exported it to excel sheet. Now copy paster is a problem.
If it is possible to directly convert db from MsAccess to Moodle format, that will also work for me.
I know there is a software Course Test Manager for this. But where do i get this software ? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. In moodle docs, i couldn't find the information about where to download this software.

If you can just tell me a bit about how to make gift converter pick correct answer from any column, i can try to work on this.

Thanks
Devyani

by Timothy Takemoto -
Dear Devyani
It would be really easy to add the extra colum but I am really busy right now. How soon do you need it?
Tim

by Devyani Vinchurkar -
Hi Tim,

I am done with other moodle customization and need to use this giftmaker to enter the data on web site and formally launch it.
I think adding this extra column to gift maker can wait since you are busy right now. I will use that later.
If I can use software Course Test Manager mentioned in moodle documentation, that should also work for me.
Could you tell me where to download that software from?

Devyani

by Timothy Takemoto -

I am sorry I do know know what Course Test Manager you refer to. I know that there are Word -> GIFT and Open Office -> GIFT macros rather similar to this but I do not know what a course test manager is.

I will get the extra column in there soon.

Tim

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Passing thought...

do you want this (and for that matter some of the other things like it) in a folder in contrib? I had an idea to create a /contrib/quiz_tools area, as I for one can never find anything posted in the forums.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Timothy Takemoto -

If I can have a cvs password smile yes.
Tim

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You need to register for an account on SourceForge. Then you can ask for access to Moodle contrib. I *think* it's Eloy you should ask - sorry if I'm wrong.

Debug Error with Excel to GIFT: GIFT_maker

by Ben Rich -
Hello,  I am trying to use the Excel to GIFT_maker (thanks, btw, for putting the effort and initiative into making this!) and have encountered an error.  It reads:

Run-time error '1004':
Method 'GetSaveAsFileName' o fobject '_Application' failed

When I try to DeBug it looks like this:

Public Sub Gift()
Dim FName As Variant

FName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename("Rename_me.gft", filefilter:="GIFT files (*.gft), *.gft,Text files, *.txt,All Files, *.*", _
    Title:="Please pick a file name for your GIFT file")
If FName = False Then
    MsgBox "You didn't select a file"
    Exit Sub
End If

ExportToTextFile CStr(FName)
End Sub

Do you know how to DeBug this?  I am using Mac OS 10.4.7 and Excel 2004 (11.2.5).  I have a bit of experience with playing with code, but not enough to troubleshoot on my own.

Thanks!
In reply to Ben Rich

Re: Debug Error with Excel to GIFT: GIFT_maker

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Ben Rich

Since the problem is with the line

FName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename("Rename_me.gft", filefilter:="GIFT files (*.gft), *.gft,Text files, *.txt,All Files, *.*", _

I guess that Mac may not like the use of the ".gtf" file extension, so you could try changing the above to
FName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename("Rename_me.txt", filefilter:="Text files, *.txt,All Files, *.*", _

But I am not sure.

Tim

Re: Debug Error with Excel to GIFT: GIFT_maker

by Peter Ruthven-Stuart -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Tim,

Thank you very much for creating the GIFT maker.

Like Ben Rich, I am also using a Mac (10.4.8. & Japanese Excel 2004). However, I couldn't even get as far as Ben. When double-clicking on the file (giftmakerv2.xls) I get an Excel error message, which says that there has been an error loading Microsoft Visual Basic (ロード中にエラーが発生しました).

Of course, I can't expect you to make a Mac GIFT_maker sad ... I wonder if other Mac users have had this problem?

Thanks for this great tool!; 5 choices possible?

by J H -

Hi there,

first off, many thanks to Timothy Takemoto for making this great tool available!

I've tried the macros floating around to convert Word/Open Office Files to GIFT format, and none of them work for me [they produce non-trivial errors (that I'm unable to debug) every time when trying to export].  This tool flat out works.

I prefer making all my quizzes in Excel anyway (Love the ease of cut/paste/replicate, etc. compared to Word) and this tool will help greatly.  I'm hoping to learn VBA for Excel at some point in the near future so I can contribute some type of GIFT converter as well.

My question for Tim:

The format you have set up seems to allow only 4 answer choices for each multiple choice question. Is there a relatively quick and easy way to allow 5 choices per question?  (I like using the Scantron sheets' full capability of 5 for exams)

Any guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

--John H.

In reply to J H

Re: Thanks for this great tool!; 5 choices possible?

by Timothy Takemoto -

Hi John,

This tool is very very clunky and stoneage. All of the work is done by hundreds of conditionals in the excel sheet. Only saving to a file is done by a macro.

Using the same method it would not be theoretically difficult to change all the conditionals so that they use 5 options instead of 4, but I bet I would make a mistake changing them.

You are welcome to have a try. First off all click on the edit the sheet button near the top and then have a look in the cells to the right of the input area.

Tim

by Rob Monk -

I use it and I love it but tonight I tried to do True False questions just using the first two answer columns and leaving the other two black and it throws up four responses anyway.

Could you do me a true false version?

In reply to Rob Monk

by Timothy Takemoto -
A true false version sounds rather easy. I would like to give it a try but it will not be for another 3 days. Please would you remind me by email on about Thursday? (tim at nihonbunka dot com).

Excel to GIFT: GIFT_maker VERSION 2

by Timothy Takemoto -

After a long absense, GIFT_maker version 2
availabel from

• The possibility of 5 choice multiple choice questions provided by John Haba (J.H.)
  • True False Question creation cabability as requested above.
  • Short answer questions.
  • More instructions about what is going on behind the scenes at the bottom of each sheet.

It also DOES allow more than one right answer in multiple choice but then you will have to put in the grade for each answer using GIFT format e.g. %100% or %-50%.

It still uses the .gft format, because I want it to become a world standard for GIFT questions files.

The ability to specify the row in which the true false occurs is I think a bit beyond the scope of this simple program made for the creation of GIFT files but I am still considering it.

Tim

Attachment giftmaker2.jpg

Re: Excel to GIFT: GIFT_maker VERSION 2

by Timothy Takemoto -

The short answer maker worksheet also includes an optional prefix such as "a" or "the" or "in" so that entering the following into the excel file
What is yamaguchi, a , city, town
will create
What is Yamaguchi?{=City =a City =Town =a Town}

Where the right answers are doubled up to include both the answer and the prefix plus the answer.

Timothy Takemoto

by Brenda Hammond -
I would love to try this, but I get a "page not displayed" when I go to http://tekisuto.com.
In reply to Brenda Hammond

by Timothy Takemoto -
Sorry Brenda
My server at university is down due to work that required shutting down the power. So here is a mirror where you can download GIFT_maker VERSION 2 (zip file).
Tim

by Jong-Dae Park -

Hi!

Thanks for your Gift_maker2. But I have problems in making quizes in Korean. I changed the web option of excel 2003 to be utf-8 and made a gift file. I could not read the quiz after I import the gift quiz in Korean.

I wonder the version 2 works well for utf-8 encoded quizes or I made some mistakes in using your macro.

Thanks in advance.

Jong-Dae Park

by Greg Thomas -
hi

I am not able to import multiple choice questions into quiz using Gift format with GIFT_maker version2. Also tried using the original giftmaker file and Excel2GIFTbeta.zip from http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=66660

After I import the question, it appears within quiz as 'single answer' instead of 'multiple choice'
Angular velocity of hour arm of a clock, in rad/sec, is\frac{\pi}{21600}#Correct! ~\fs{4}\frac{\pi}{30}#Sorry, no. ~\fs{4}\frac{\pi}{1800}#No that is not right. ~\fs{4}\frac{\pi}{43200}$$ #No, incorrect. }

even though the gft file generated is as follows

::Angular velocity of hour arm of a clock, in rad/sec, is::Angular velocity of hour arm of a clock, in rad/sec, is{
=$$
\fs{4}\frac{\pi}{21600}$$#Correct!
~$$
\fs{4}\frac{\pi}{30}$$#Sorry, no.
~$$
\fs{4}\frac{\pi}{1800}$$#No that is not right.
~$$
\fs{4}\frac{\pi}{43200}$$ #No, incorrect.
}

for rest of questions it gives the error
'There is an error in the question. There are not enough answers for this question type'

Kindly help.
In reply to Greg Thomas

by Frank Ralf -
On first glance this looks like a problem with line breaks. That can happen if you create a file on Windows or Mac and upload it to a Linux/Unix system because all those operating systems use different characters for line breaks, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline#Common_problems for further information.

hth
Frank
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Greg Thomas -
yes. Earlier I would create the gift files on a Windows PC and copy the files over LAN onto my Linux gateway where Moodle is installed. Now I have allowed Moodle access over LAN, but the problem still persists when I try to upload directly from the Windows PC with the admin login.
I have over 10,000 questions to be uploaded onto quiz. Whenever I try with a sample of 5questions, it rejects half saying "not enough answers for this question" and the other half it takes as 'short answer' rather than 'multiple choice'.

by Shail Jai -

hi tim,

i m using ur giftmakerv2 version....

no doubt this is great tool but i have some problm with this..

for example if i go with 1) click on clear Questions button. Than copy and past new question answer with 4 option of answer than.. this only take only 1 answer ( without closing " } " bracket) 

“ Plz try this data for example “

1. The project is in the planning process group when three stakeholders come to the
project manager asking for information on the company’s new project management
methodology, where it came from and why it is different from how they manage
projects. These stakeholders are also friends of the project manager and the entire
group has worked together for years. The project is using some new terms like
“corrective action” that are making some stakeholders nervous as they are unsure if
the way the project will be managed is going to change along with new terms. What
should the project manager do?
A. Advise the stakeholders that he will keep them in the communication loop for
the project.
B. Supply a list of new terms and their definitions.
C. Notify the project management office.
D. Make sure he maintains his authority as the project manager even though they
are friends.

2. A project manager is managing his second project. It started one month after the first
and both are ongoing. Though his first project is small, this one seems to be growing in
size every day. As each day passes, the project manager is beginning to feel more and more in need of help. The project manager has recently heard that there was another project in the company last year that is similar to his second project. What should he do? and ask for assistance.
A. Contact the other project manager

B. Obtain historical records and guidance from the PMO.
C. Wait to see if the project is impacted by the growth in scope.
D. Make sure the scope for the project is agreed to by all the stakeholders.

3. The project has been going well, except for the number of changes being made. The project is being installed into seven different departments within the company and will greatly improve departmental performance when operational. There are 14 project management processes selected for use on this project. The project manager is a technical expert as well as having been trained in communications and managing people. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the project problems?

A. The project manager was not trained in understanding the company environment.
B. The project should have more management oversight since it will result in such great benefits to the company.
C. The project should have used more of the project management processes.
D. Some stakeholders were not identified.

In above mention example I lost “ } “ brak.

Plz help me I don’t know what’s the wrong.

by Brent Schlenker -
This is an awesome step forward from the Word versions. Excel to GIFT worked great first try. However, after clearing all of the default questions and add 4 MC questions with 4 possible answers, and 1 MC with 5 possible answers I hit an error.
The Make Multiple Choice worksheet exported just fine, but when I exported the 5Choices worksheet it displayed an error saying that it could not find the file gift_maker5choice.xls. So I renamed my file to match and then it error by saying that it could not find the macro ...folder path/gift_maker5choice.xls'!Gift'
Any idea if this is a bug?
Thanks for the help. This truly is a great little tool.
Cheers!
Brent

by Khaison Duong -
I like the simplicity of the original GIFT maker... I just wanted to know if it works on the open office version of excel because I can't seem to get it to work.