Restore

Restore

by Jacob Romeyn -
Number of replies: 4
I tried to restore a file on a new server with Moodle 1.2 installed. The original site also had Moodle 1.2 Dev. and I got the following error:

I tried it a second time and said not to add users data but still got the same error.

The course restores fine on my other servere.

Course restore: backup-c08-2-20030830-0103.zip

• Creating new course
    • Information Technology 8 Term 1 (C08-2)
    • Category: Miscellaneous
  • Creating sections
  • Creating users

Could not restore users.

An error has occurred and the restore could not be completed!

Continue

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacob Romeyn

Re: Restore

by Jacob Romeyn -
I found the problem. 

The normal Moodle sugestion in the config.php file is to set the data file at /home/moodledata

On an automatic Fantastico install it sets the data in the Moodle directory as  /moodle/uploaddata 
In reply to Jacob Romeyn

by Boyd Mitchell -
Is that in the root config.php you are talking about.  Mine is set to the appropriate upload folder, and I still get the same error.
In reply to Boyd Mitchell

by Jacob Romeyn -
Yes  the config.php in the root directory.  The importance is that the name and location of the upload directory is the same on both servers.

In  the instance when my problem started was when I backed up a course from a server with the upload directory  and location as : /home/moodledata

to a server with upload directory and location at: /home/moodle/uploaddata.

After I made them both the same, everything worked great.   Hope this helps.
In reply to Jacob Romeyn

by Boyd Mitchell -

Well I did a backup from Server A and tried to restore the course on Server A..(same server) and it didn't work.  And I have no idea why.  So, the backup should have the Exact same upload directory, as the restore.  right?

I also tried it from a different server, but the problem exists in both cases.

By the way, thanks for helping