Best way for a school to share documents - looking for tips

Best way for a school to share documents - looking for tips

by Ulrike Montgomery -
Number of replies: 4

One of our schools is planning to use Moodle to share documents such as lesson plans, conventional tests, worksheets etc. In order to get a feel of Moodle, most of the teachers would prefer to be just logged in as students for the time being but they want to start the document exchange right away.

I have one afternoon to teach them - so I'm planning to show them the glossary as a way to share resources. Is this the best way or are there even easier ways.

Thanks for suggestions,

Ulrike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ulrike Montgomery

Re: Best way for a school to share documents - looking for tips

by Just H -
Hi Ulrike

With the way things are going, I'd be using the new database module as per the Modules and Plugins database that has been started for example (seems there is a move to replace the glossary with the database module).

The database module is said to be backward compatable with 1.5.3 although I haven't tried installing it yet. Have been playing with it in a 1.6 install and looks good (lacking documentation at the moment so a few things I'm not sure about but reckon it will work nicely for your situation).

regards
Harry
In reply to Just H

by Ger Tielemans -

Starting with Glossary is a good choice: making two of them moderator (=teacher rights) of this project, offers these two the opportunity to create additional things like books (our teachers love it).

Later - but do't hurry - these two could try the new teacherplan modul (see the forums), to formalise the proposals they will agree on..

In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Ulrike Montgomery -
Ger,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. This really helps. I'm sure that, once comfortable with the glossary, they'll try out the other moduls.

Ulrike
In reply to Just H

by Ulrike Montgomery -
Harry,

Thanks for your help. I've considered the database module, too, but  I'm a little bit afraid  to install something  that might not work with Moodle 1.5.3.
Do you know if all glossary entries can be exported to the new database module? If the teachers fill up glossaries now   and then decide to use the database module at a later stage, would they have to start from scratch?

Ulrike