wiki view.php v1.44 (moodle 1.5.2) and v1.49 (moodle 1.6 beta) patch question

wiki view.php v1.44 (moodle 1.5.2) and v1.49 (moodle 1.6 beta) patch question

by Judy Hsu -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all:

We have moodle 1.5.2 installed on our pilot testing server and we found a error with the wiki (/mod/wiki/view.php version 1.44). If you edit a new wiki page and then save it, then re-edit it and delete all the content, it will show you this error message:

---begin of error message---

Try not to worry too much about formatting, it can always be improved later.

var config = new HTMLArea.Config(); config.pageStyle = "body { background-color: #ffffff; font-family: Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; }"; config.killWordOnPaste = true; config.fontname = { "Trebuchet": 'Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif', "Arial": 'arial,helvetica,sans-serif', "Courier New": 'courier new,courier,monospace', "Georgia": 'georgia,times new roman,times,serif', "Tahoma": 'tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif', "Times New Roman": 'times new roman,times,serif', "Verdana": 'verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif', "Impact": 'impact', "Wingdings": 'wingdings'}; function spellClickHandler(editor, buttonId) { editor._textArea.value = editor.getHTML(); var speller = new spellChecker( editor._textArea ); speller.popUpUrl = "http://xxx.../lib/speller/spellchecker.html"; speller.spellCheckScript = "http://xxx.../lib/speller/server-scripts/spellchecker.php"; speller._moogle_edit=1; speller._editor=editor; speller.openChecker(); } HTMLArea.replace('edit-content', config);

---end of error message---

I then tested the moodle 1.6 beta (came with /mod/wiki/view.php version 1.49) and it actually works fine without any error message, so my question is:

1. Should I just do a hand patch to replace the view.php on our testing server and upgrade this script to version 1.49?? Would this totally fix the problem?

2. What would be the best way to do the upgrade/patch?? I was thinking of doing a side-by-side comparison and then "hand patch" it, but I hope there is a better way of doing the patch... (we haven't install CVS or Subversion yet)...

Thanks!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)